Fans for Radiator

HI guys, wondering if you think the Gelid wing 12 120mm PWM blue led fan is any good for use with a slim radiator specifically the bitspower 240mm slim one.

Ive already got the corsair SP120 rgb for the front 360mm rad so should i go with the same fans or just go Gelid because its cheaper, with removable impeller so easier cleaning and under volts well?

No, from a quick glance they look like they are airflow fans, not static pressure fans (thats what "SP" stands for in SP120)

You want static pressure fans for radiators. So if those are your two options then yes go with the SP120s 

ah i see, any recommendations for other SP fans?

2 minutes ago, tronder said:

you dont have to get RGB fans.. you can get their normal SP series fans to.  2 for $26 USD. A pretty good price. These are what I would go with if I wasnt using Noctua or EK Vardar. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181025&cm_re=SP120-_-35-181-025-_-Product

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, tronder said:

Noctua NF-F12, Fractal Venturi HP-12, EK Vardar,

5 minutes ago, Romeo Bodmon said:

No, from a quick glance they look like they are airflow fans, not static pressure fans (thats what "SP" stands for in SP120)

You want static pressure fans for radiators. So if those are your two options then yes go with the SP120s 

Honestly they look like fine fans for pressure. It's not as straightforward as thick blade = pressure, look at EK Vardars for instance

It's best to look at their performance.

http://www.coolingtechnique.com/recensioni/air-cooling/ventole/414-recensione-gelid-wing-12.html?start=2

They're actually not too bad for 1500RPM fans, compared to the NF-F12 they're lower performance though.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

EK Vardar fans are considered some of the best high performance fans in my experience, just as Noctua fans are considered some of the quietest fans, again in my experience

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Noctua NF-F12, Fractal Venturi HP-12, EK Vardar,

Honestly they look like fine fans for pressure. It's not as straightforward as thick blade = pressure, look at EK Vardars for instance

It's best to look at their performance.

http://www.coolingtechnique.com/recensioni/air-cooling/ventole/414-recensione-gelid-wing-12.html?start=2

They're actually not too bad for 1500RPM fans, compared to the NF-F12 they're lower performance though.

The way the fins look makes me think SP but the gap between the fan and the casing draws a red flag to me. Yeah performance is pretty decent to what I would have expected. But defiantly go for the better preforming fans. Or if anything the 2 SP120s will do a deace job for cheap af.

22 minutes ago, tronder said:

HI guys, wondering if you think the Gelid wing 12 120mm PWM blue led fan is any good for use with a slim radiator specifically the bitspower 240mm slim one.

Ive already got the corsair SP120 rgb for the front 360mm rad so should i go with the same fans or just go Gelid because its cheaper, with removable impeller so easier cleaning and under volts well?

I'm just gonna leave this here and say that as long as you don't cheap out, and do your research you should be fine (also, pwm fans are amazing)

17 minutes ago, tronder said:

are EK Vardar fans that good?

EK Vardar are great fans, and very quiet.. rival my Noctua for the quietest. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Which do you think EK Varder or Corsair ML 120? im looking for PWN and silence?

35 minutes ago, tronder said:

Which do you think EK Varder or Corsair ML 120? im looking for PWN and silence?

I'd probably say the Corsair ML; they both seem to have PWM versions, but the in my experience EK Varder is more about performance over sound, while the MLs are more about having the quietest motor possible with great performance still

The MLs will definitely be more expensive though

(I will almost always be partial to Noctua fans, they make some good shit)