PS3 can't recover!

WiiMAN
Go to solution Solved by myselfolli,
1 minute ago, WiiMAN said:

We both are, but we like to get casual every now and then ?

And his too? It was working before we traded HDD and it also refuses to read my update file.

Yes, I got the latest 4.81, not trying to downgrade

His is not necessarily broken, no. But when your PS3 manages to corrupt his hard drive, you defernetely have a problem. Just chuck it I'd say, getting a new one off of Ebay shouldn't be too expencive

Hello. I wanted to use my old PS3 again, but it's hard drive seems to have died. I connected it to my PC and it won't show up anywhere. Not even in Device Manager or Disk Management. So I got another hard drive that I tested working and replaced it. I downloaded the firmware from the PlayStation site, copied it to a flash drive inside PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP (I also tried naming the file PS3 UPDATE.PUP). I enter Recovery Mode and try Restore PS3 System. It can't find the update file. Tried Update System, still can't find the update file. Restoring file system shows Please Wait... and then restarts to show that it cannot boot and to insert media with update data that it still can't find. What am I doing wrong? Does the HDD require a specific specification?

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a 2.5 inch hdd or a ssd and plug it in. 

You're trolling, right?

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

no why ?

I mentioned I replaced the hard drive with another one that I know works and I still can't get anything to work

Just now, WiiMAN said:

I mentioned I replaced the hard drive with another one that I know works and I still can't get anything to work

the new hard drive might have a problem i helped my friend replace his hard drive on his ps3 and we followed the article http://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps3-hard-drive-1285911

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

the new hard drive might have a problem i helped my friend replace his hard drive on his ps3 and we followed the article http://www.techradar.com/how-to/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps3-hard-drive-1285911

Well how do I know what hard drive works then? The new one works fine on my PC, formats and writes data just fine

Just now, WiiMAN said:

Well how do I know what hard drive works then? The new one works fine on my PC, formats and writes data just fine

i am not really sure what is wrong in your case but something might be wrong with your ps3 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i am not really sure what is wrong in your case but something might be wrong with your ps3 

Well this sucks. Cuz I even tried with a friends PS3 that was working fine, tested before swapping hard drives, and his console also can't find the update files. And to make matters worse, we tried putting his working HDD on my console and it also wouldn't work. And when we placed it back in its original console, it stopped working as well! Placed his HDD on the PC and it is detected but will not boot the PS3 anymore. Thankfully he didn't have anything worth keeping

Well this sucks. Cuz I even tried with a friends PS3 that was working fine, tested before swapping hard drives, and his console also can't find the update files. And to make matters worse, we tried putting his working HDD on my console and it also wouldn't work. And when we placed it back in its original console, it stopped working as well! Placed his HDD on the PC and it is detected but will not boot the PS3 anymore. Thankfully he didn't have anything worth keeping

tell him to join the pc master race, I gifted my parents a ps4 they uses it as a media center but when i visit him i usually use the remote play feature with my vita. 

7 minutes ago, WiiMAN said:

Well in that case there's defernetely something wrong with your PS3

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

tell him to join the pc master race, I gifted my parents a ps4 they uses it as a media center but when i visit him i usually use the remote play feature with my vita. 

6 minutes ago, myselfolli said:

Well in that case there's defernetely something wrong with your PS3

And his too? It was working before we traded HDD and it also refuses to read my update file.

His is not necessarily broken, no. But when your PS3 manages to corrupt his hard drive, you defernetely have a problem. Just chuck it I'd say, getting a new one off of Ebay shouldn't be too expencive

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

2 minutes ago, WiiMAN said:

the problem with tech is they don't all work the same sometimes bugs happen other times component breaks. you can try again if you want to keep the sentimental value of it.

Well... I'm gonna go cry in the corner, if anyone needs me... Thanks for the info everyone