Virtual Monitor

Elardoven

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I wanted to ask you all. I'd like to know if I can input video and audio from something like a PS4 into my computer and run it into a window on my computer. Any ideas?

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

@Wolther I'm trying to do that so I can share audio between my computer and console for discord/music, and be able to swap between the console/computer easily without having to change inputs. 

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

3 minutes ago, Elardoven said:

@Wolther I'm trying to do that so I can share audio between my computer and console for discord/music, and be able to swap between the console/computer easily without having to change inputs. 

Gotcha

4 minutes ago, Elardoven said:

what inputs do you have on your monitor? If you're have HDMI x2 then just connect your sound system to the headphone socket then just switch inputs on the monitor.

I can see using a capture card causing input lag.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

@vorticalbox How would I combine the audio then?

11 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

what inputs do you have on your monitor? If you're have HDMI x2 then just connect your sound system to the headphone socket then just switch inputs on the monitor.

I can see using a capture card causing input lag.

Gamer oriented capture devices are good at minimizing lag so it's not bad, if you can even perceive it.

9 minutes ago, Elardoven said:

@vorticalbox How would I combine the audio then?

You can't. If you wanted to combine audio streams, you would need a capture device or use the PS4 streaming app.