Internet Dropping Constantly

Doris

Hey guys Im posting here since I really dont know what to do anymore. A few weeks before Christmas my internet started acting really weird. It would randomly drop and work again. It would literally die for 15-30 seconds and then come back up. I contacted my provider but I nothing got fixed. This is my speedtest result if they help at all 5939773325.png. If you guys need more information regarding my problem and just anything that can be of any help just let me know and I will make sure to provide it to you. I also started noticing weird patterns when it came to my internet dropping. Sometimes, the phone ringing would cause it to drop when other times it wouldn't. I've never had this problem before. Also. turning on the house heating would sometimes cause problems as well but it wouldn't happen every single time. Any help would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Doris said:

-

Wired or wireless? How often does it happen in 1 day? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Wired or wireless? How often does it happen in 1 day? 

Both the wired to my computer and the wireless to any device drops. Some days it happens 1-5 times. Others it doesn't occur at all

1 minute ago, Doris said:

Both the wired to my computer and the wireless to any device drops. Some days it happens 1-5 times. Others it doesn't occur at all

I'd think it's the router. If the ISP is saying nothing is wrong at their end, i'd guess its the router. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

23 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I'd think it's the router. If the ISP is saying nothing is wrong at their end, i'd guess its the router. 

Do you think buying a different router would solve the problem? Are there any routers you can recommend?

9 minutes ago, Doris said:

Do you think buying a different router would solve the problem? Are there any routers you can recommend?

Well, I'd recommend first you try resetting it. If that doesn't work I'll certainly help. How much are willing to spend. 

43 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Well, I'd recommend first you try resetting it. If that doesn't work I'll certainly help. How much are willing to spend. 

I already did, it didn't fix anything. Anywhere between 20-45 USD

Are any of the other devices on your network experiancing the same issue? I'd try your phone too, if it's not acting up as well I would eliminate the router as a cause and focus on the communication between the router and your pc or your pc itself. I found one of the issues on my older computer was the updates were no longer automatically occurring. 

2 minutes ago, Shog said:

Are any of the other devices on your network experiancing the same issue? I'd try your phone too, if it's not acting up as well I would eliminate the router as a cause and focus on the communication between the router and your pc or your pc itself. I found one of the issues on my older computer was the updates were no longer automatically occurring. 

All of the devices on the network experience the same problem.

I would definitely try to mess around with your router, you can bring it to a friends house or use your neighbors for a quick test and see if that fixes it. Typically if it's an ISP problem you aren't the only one experiencing it. At my college I went to awhile ago my computer would constantly get dropped and slowed down. Over the years I was there they never bothered to do anything about their network. Hopefully either you can update your router or replace it with a functional one.