I'm worried about my cpu :(

KByte
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The cpu is just downclocking itself to save power.

Turn off Intel Speedstep in the bios if you don't want this but I don't see why you would.

So i'm using Intel i5-4670K @ 3.4GHz , in CPU-Z under "(Core #0)" it shows Core Speed : 800-1200MHz .

I've seen from videos that they're using same processor @ 3.4GHz and in CPU-Z under that "(Core #0)" Core Speed is shown : 3400MHz .  So I'm worried about that , maybe my CPU is damaged my someway . 

So I hope you guys can help me someway , or tell me why it shows that way with those values.

Pic here :

Untitled.jpg

-- My Rig -- 

| CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 3.4GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce OC Edition |Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 (2X4GB) 1600MHz | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 80 Plus Bronze TX650W | HDD : WD Caviar Blue 1TB Sata 3 600MB/s 7200rpm 64MB |

| Running on Win 7 64bit Ultimate | Samsung SyncMaster T24B300 23,6 Inch  FULLHD Monitor |

Put it under stress like Prime 95 and see what it reads.

Galaxy: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by a h105) - ASUS Sabertooth Z77 - Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram - Nvidia GTX 780 2 way Sli - Corsair HX850i - Corsair C70

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Battlefield 4 Collectors Edition (TO BE REPLACED BY K65 RGB) - Logitech G502 - Hyperx Cloud

Turn off Intel Speedstep in the bios if you don't want this but I don't see why you would.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No need to worry, it's just clocking down to reduce power usage at idle, when you stress you cpu it will throttle back up.

Run hardware monitor and make sure it shows the column with max values. Then do some work or play a game for a little while. You can even make it plot your speeds over time if you want. It's quite useful ;-) you should see numbers like 3800

Put it under stress like Prime 95 and see what it reads.

Okey , thanks .

Okey , Thank you . As my knowledge with Computers is so low , that i had to ask that just :D 

That is haswell, it underclocks when not needed

Okey , thanks . Thought that already , mby i have to get some money and get new one :P

-- My Rig -- 

| CPU: Intel i5-4670K @ 3.4GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce OC Edition |Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 (2X4GB) 1600MHz | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 80 Plus Bronze TX650W | HDD : WD Caviar Blue 1TB Sata 3 600MB/s 7200rpm 64MB |

| Running on Win 7 64bit Ultimate | Samsung SyncMaster T24B300 23,6 Inch  FULLHD Monitor |

Run hardware monitor and make sure it shows the column with max values. Then do some work or play a game for a little while. You can even make it plot your speeds over time if you want. It's quite useful ;-) you should see numbers like 3800

Okey , thank you :)

No need to worry, it's just clocking down to reduce power usage at idle, when you stress you cpu it will throttle back up.

Okey , thankss :D

-- My Rig -- 

Okey , thanks . Thought that already , mby i have to get some money and get new one :P

A new what?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

A new what?

New CPU , sorry , didn't said that . 

-- My Rig -- 

New CPU , sorry , didn't said that . 

Why would you? The 4670k is a great cpu. 

There isn't a problem with it. That's how it works. It's called Intel Speedstep and it lowers to speed to save on energy when you don't need it. It amps right back up when you need the power.

Why would you? The 4670k is a great cpu. 

There isn't a problem with it. That's how it works. It's called Intel Speedstep and it lowers to speed to save on energy when you don't need it. It amps right back up when you need the power.

Well thank you , didn't new that about 14-15 minutes ago :D

-- My Rig -- 

Pc's have done this for years now. Its normal. Personally i turn it off in the bios.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016