Help wanted!

Go to solution Solved by YksiPieniSieni,

Okay just solved the problem, i got my cpu out and put it back in and then it booted like nothing happened with both ram sticks in place, that was really weird af :D

So i got this weird problem few hours ago when i was using my pc and suddenly windows gave my message that my windows defender isnt turned on, well i turned it back on and my pc freezed completely so i pressed power button till it turned off. I restarted pc just by pressing the power button again and then, q-code 55 "memory not installed". Well i was thinking wtf just happened and took out the ram sticks and replaced them in same places and again, q-code 55, so i took out one of them (i have 2x8gb 2666mhz hyperx fury) and again 55, well i put the one i took out back to place and took out the other one and then, system booted just like nothing happened, so i was wondering if the other one is bad stick so i tried to switch places with the other one and again booted absolutely fine, well again i tried to put both in and there it is, q-code 55. I tried also to put the sticks to A1 and B1 slots but still saying "memory not installed". So, i can now use only DIMM slot B2. Anyone has any idea what happened to my motherboard? I have Maximus VIII Hero mb in case you are wondering and all parts are about one month old so i really dont want to buy new parts again...

Every saint got a past, every sinner got a future.

Either a faulty RAM-stick or a faulty motherboard, I would say if you have a pal in your area also into computers, try using his RAM, if it works fine RMA the RAM-stick that is not working. If you still get the error, it's most likely defective, which means you should be able to RMA it.

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

Okay just solved the problem, i got my cpu out and put it back in and then it booted like nothing happened with both ram sticks in place, that was really weird af :D

Every saint got a past, every sinner got a future.