New Chair

TheKDub

For probably the past year I've been using some crappy office chair from Salvation Army that has pretty much no padding in the seat remaining, so it's rather uncomfortable to sit on. I've tried finding a new chair, but either they keep lacking some features that I want, or they're too expensive, or they look like crap, or they're poorly made, etc...

I was wondering what you guys would recommend as a new chair for myself or others who want similar things from a chair.

It'll be used at a desk for anything from basic office/school work to gaming.

I'd like the price to be under $150 USD, though can stretch that if needed. (Preferred retailers: Amazon, Newegg, B&H, Office Depot, Massdrop [Not ideal because of the wait, but still acceptable])

I'd also like it to be mostly, if not all black, if there is color, then white, blue, or silver/grey is acceptable.

Height adjust, seat and back tilting.

'Post' armrests (The ones that come up from the bottom of the seat and don't attach to the back).

Decent build quality (I don't want something that will tear or fall apart after a few months or even a year of use).

Comfortable seating (I'll be using it for anywhere from an hour to 12 hours with little in terms of breaks, so it needs to be able to take heavy use)

Casters (Gotta be able to move it around easily).

As for sizing, I'm about 140lbs, and just under 6' tall.

I've considered going for a DXRacer, but they're a bit expensive, and I'm not sure which of the cheaper off brand "racing" style seats are decent or not at this point.

Thanks!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

11 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

For probably the past year I've been using some crappy office chair from Salvation Army that has pretty much no padding in the seat remaining, so it's rather uncomfortable to sit on. I've tried finding a new chair, but either they keep lacking some features that I want, or they're too expensive, or they look like crap, or they're poorly made, etc...

I was wondering what you guys would recommend as a new chair for myself or others who want similar things from a chair.

It'll be used at a desk for anything from basic office/school work to gaming.

I'd like the price to be under $150 USD, though can stretch that if needed. (Preferred retailers: Amazon, Newegg, B&H, Office Depot, Massdrop [Not ideal because of the wait, but still acceptable])

I'd also like it to be mostly, if not all black, if there is color, then white, blue, or silver/grey is acceptable.

Height adjust, seat and back tilting.

'Post' armrests (The ones that come up from the bottom of the seat and don't attach to the back).

Decent build quality (I don't want something that will tear or fall apart after a few months or even a year of use).

Comfortable seating (I'll be using it for anywhere from an hour to 12 hours with little in terms of breaks, so it needs to be able to take heavy use)

Casters (Gotta be able to move it around easily).

As for sizing, I'm about 140lbs, and just under 6' tall.

I've considered going for a DXRacer, but they're a bit expensive, and I'm not sure which of the cheaper off brand "racing" style seats are decent or not at this point.

Thanks!

This is off topic but...

I think I need to gain weight because im 6' 3" and im only 125lbs...

I made a post about gaming chairs recently I think you might find relevant to you