Hello

have been trying to overclock my FX 8320 (3.50GHz), i just want a fast clock speed, i did overclock this processor before but i recently got a new motherboard (ASUS 970 Pro Gaming) and im just having troubles doing it, any advice or help would be awesome, i do have a corsair h100i cooler on the processor so heat should not be a problem.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, AU_Summit said:

Hello

have been trying to overclock my FX 8320 (3.50GHz), i just want a fast clock speed, i did overclock this processor before but i recently got a new motherboard (ASUS 970 Pro Gaming) and im just having troubles doing it, any advice or help would be awesome, i do have a corsair h100i cooler on the processor so heat should not be a problem.

Thanks

are you having a problem getting into the bios or the actual overclock?

@AU_Summit What exactly do you mean with "having troubles", is it unstable, can't you get into your bios or what exactly ?

Btw my FX8320 is clocked at 4576Mhz (22 x 208) at 1.4125Volts, every step more and I get bluescreens :D

(I don't know if this is a "good" overclock, just that you have some comparison value)

39 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

are you having a problem getting into the bios or the actual overclock?

The actual overclock 

14 minutes ago, MadMurl0c said:

@AU_Summit What exactly do you mean with "having troubles", is it unstable, can't you get into your bios or what exactly ?

Btw my FX8320 is clocked at 4576Mhz (22 x 208) at 1.4125Volts, every step more and I get bluescreens :D

(I don't know if this is a "good" overclock, just that you have some comparison value)

Everytime i try to overclock it resets the values and wont lock in what i want in the bios 

12 minutes ago, AU_Summit said:

The actual overclock 

oh. i dont do a ton of overclocking but i am actually having the same problem as you.

8 minutes ago, AU_Summit said:

Everytime i try to overclock it resets the values and wont lock in what i want in the bios 

i have a xeon cpu that says it can be overclocked in the bios but it doesnt save my overclocks in the bios. Well it does technically save the voltage and clock speed because when i reopen the bios the numbers have saved but my cpu never gets over its stock frequency of 3.4 ghz.

12 minutes ago, MadMurl0c said:

@AU_Summit Dumb question but is there an update available for your bios?

how would i check 

@AU_Summit Just go into your bios and search for something like "internet flash" or "internet update". I don't know the exact name but your mainboard should have such a function :D

Edit : If you can't find it just search on Asus website, you can find bios updates here: 

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/1/24/46/9/wZBPDvhPPpRXoMOa/45/