Windows 8 help

Aflyingpuma

So i have completed my first build and everything runs fine. But i am running into a couple things that i am confused about and looking to fix. The first problem i have is that when i turn my computer on the windows 8 logo is split, there's half an image on the far left, an the other half on the far right. This image is also not clear pixel wise, and is yellow with lines through it. Just the logo is messed up the rest of the screen is black. The second thing i am running into is i would like to use asus 4 way optimization to get a simple overclock and every time i have tried it i get stuck in an auto repair loop until i memok! and enter the bios. Please help me.

System Specs:

Cpu i5 4670k

Mobo: asus maximus formula vi

Ram: 16gb Kingston hyperx beast 2133 mhz 

Sdd: Kingston hyperx 128 gb this has my operating system. 

I will be purchasing a graphics card soon, but i just wanted to get everything working before i had ordered one. 

Are you using VGA to connect your monitor?

If so, if you are fast enough, go in the settings of your monitor while on that screen, and hit Auto Adjust. You might have a button on the screen that does this when you press it, and are on VGA input.

That should fix that problem.

If you are on HDMI.. don't use HDMI, use DVI or DisplayPort.

I did a clean install of windows and it was still there. Then i decided to refresh the pc and this fixed it. So i am under the impression that some file was missing or corrupted. I am now moving on to see if this fixed the overclock.