Why is Premiere pro CC harder to use than Vegas?

I installed a trial version of Premiere pro CC, and it was really hard to use. It was not simple as Vegas, and the whole interface was very confusing to use. Why is the Premiere pro harder to use than Vegas?

6 minutes ago, Enovi said:

You're the only one I have seen who said PP was harder than SV!

It is not Sony Vegas, it's Magix Vegas. Sony sold their Vegas software to Magix.

1 hour ago, VengeanceGamer said:

I installed a trial version of Premiere pro CC, and it was really hard to use. It was not simple as Vegas, and the whole interface was very confusing to use. Why is the Premiere pro harder to use than Vegas?

Because it's a much more advanced program that offers a lot more tools for professionals.  And I find it easy to use.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

It's all a matter of perspective, and experience. I have been using Premiere Pro for years so I am very comfortable with the software and as a result I am very fast in it. I understand how to operate in it's workflow, and my brain thinks that way now because of it. This last semester I took a video editing class for my degree which was taught in Final Cut 10, one of the industry standards for 'Easy to Use'. I could not figure it out on my own for the life of me, the teacher had to show me how to do the most basic of operations. It works completely differently than a Premiere work flow and my brain was not used to it. Your brain right now is used to Vegas and how it operates, when you look for the cut tool(or whatever the equivalent is, I have never used Vegas) you expect it to be in a certain place, and when premier does not have a similar tool in the same place you get confused. 

Premiere is a very powerful software that lets you do really complex things fairly easily and gives you ultimate control over ever frame. This means that there are a lot of tools at your disposal in order to achieve that level of control. Even I when I first picked up the program was confused and there was a long, steep learning curve to get proficient with the program. I would look at a few tutorials on a site like Lynda before you give up on the program, but ultimately if you are more comfortable in Vegas and it does what you want it to do then stick with it. There's no reason to make yourself miserable just so you can be on the "right" software.  I will say that if you want a job in the video industry you better learn Premiere, Final Cut, or AVID because you will see one of those 3 at any major production house, and you would be better off to be able to work in at least 2 of the 3. 

On 01/01/2017 at 2:25 PM, VengeanceGamer said:

It is not Sony Vegas, it's Magix Vegas. Sony sold their Vegas software to Magix.

When did this happen? Also, appreciate the correction.