1070 fan help

Duchess

I accidently pushed my excess power plug into my 1070 fan and broke the blade while trying to figure out what the fuck the noise was coming from (only the middle fan spun up and the temp was still at like 30 so I dont know why)

I bought it from microcenter but didnt get the protection on it.  What do I do now?

1 minute ago, Duchess said:

I accidently pushed my excess power plug into my 1070 fan and broke the blade while trying to figure out what the fuck the noise was coming from (only the middle fan spun up and the temp was still at like 30 so I dont know why)

I bought it from microcenter but didnt get the protection on it.  What do I do now?

see if the Manufacture will accept an RMA for it?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

see if the Manufacture will accept an RMA for it?

its asus.  I would think they would assume that fan blades dont randomly fall off but its all I have at the moment as well.  Is there any way to replace those fans?

8 minutes ago, Duchess said:

its asus.  I would think they would assume that fan blades dont randomly fall off but its all I have at the moment as well.  Is there any way to replace those fans?

I dont think on the GTX 10XX series you can, you would have to replace the whole shroud. The only cards I know that you can swap fans are on XFX and Sapphire cards for AMD. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I dont think on the GTX 10XX series you can, you would have to replace the whole shroud. The only cards I know that you can swap fans are on XFX and Sapphire cards for AMD. 

thanks i appreciate it.  Ill email them and see what the warranty is.  Also while I have a smart person here what program do i need to control fan speeds?  I have asus gpu tweak 2 but cant find the options and I feel like have all 3 fans turn on at 10% when the temp hits 35 degrees is better than 1 fan on 100% making me think somethings blowing up.  I damn near hard reset the power button I got so worried.  Is that just how gpus work?  also gpu tweak says the fans have never come on so I dont really trust it

I personally use my BIOS to control my system fans. For GPU I use MSI Afterburner. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Most new GPUs also dont turn the fans on until it hits a certain threshold, generally set at 60c by default. You can change this with a custom fan curve in many GPU software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Most new GPUs also dont turn the fans on until it hits a certain threshold, generally set at 60c by default. You can change this with a custom fan curve in many GPU software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X. 

before I do something stupid let me clarify this, I can use msi software with an asus gpu?

5 minutes ago, Duchess said:

before I do something stupid let me clarify this, I can use msi software with an asus gpu?

Correct. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Correct. 

ok thank you, us noobs appreciate the help;)

It is a sign, you must now purchase a waterblock, a pump+reservoir and some tubing. Time to watercool.

3 hours ago, CaptainRuse said:

It is a sign, you must now purchase a waterblock, a pump+reservoir and some tubing. Time to watercool.

im still too poor from the initial build.  My dumb ass managed to break it already and it was built Wednesday.  I do want to get an EK kit for the cpu but I paid too much for the pretty Strix stuff lol. 

10 hours ago, Duchess said:

im still too poor from the initial build.  My dumb ass managed to break it already and it was built Wednesday.  I do want to get an EK kit for the cpu but I paid too much for the pretty Strix stuff lol. 

You could disconnect the broken fan and run the other fan at slightly higher RPM.