While gaming - neither GPU nor CPU at full usage?

Evann

HI there :)

i recently noticed "low" FPS in a couple of games. For example counter strike GO - with my setup i should easly push 300 FPS (playing at low settings in 4:3 streched res), but i barely get 200, in heavy "fights" 100 or below.

My FPS isnt capped, and i noticed this problem in mutliple games.

My CPU most of the time chills at 50% or below usage, while my GPU usage usually looks like this http://prntscr.com/dpexk6 .

I had the same Problem with my last GPU (970), what can cause this problem?

setup:

i5 6600 

R9 Fury @ 1050mhz -24mv (power limit at max)

16GB RAM

630W PSU

and yes, temps are very cool all the time! 

In games like Witcher 3 i havent experienced any Problems.. running 70FPS on Ultra.

Thanks in advance! 

Probably something wrong with crimson try going back to older driver versions

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Probably something wrong with crimson try going back to older driver versions

as i said, i have had same problem with my old GTX 970. I thought Exchangeing would fix it... but nope. 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

I know this might sound kinda dumb but reinstall the game

reinstalled all games and windows 10 new for like 2-3 times...

i have this problem for a year or two, i thought exchanging GPU would fix it, but now as i have the same Problem i want to find what its causing. (yes, reinstalled my windows AFTER exchainging GPU and used mutliple driver versions)

Just now, Evann said:

reinstalled all games and windows 10 new for like 2-3 times...

i have this problem for a year or two, i thought exchanging GPU would fix it, but now as i have the same Problem i want to find what its causing. (yes, reinstalled my windows AFTER exchainging GPU and used mutliple driver versions)

Well I'm out of ideas my idea is that theirs somehow a boytleneck or a patch to CS:GO ruined something

My life

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Well I'm out of ideas my idea is that theirs somehow a boytleneck or a patch to CS:GO ruined something

i have no idea too ... Problem is not only in csgo. And i dont suppose 3+ Games have such a bug over a timespan of 1-2 Years :D 

What does the gpu usage see in heaven benchmarks?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

The game isn't demanding enough to make full use of your GPU, that's why.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

The game isn't demanding enough to make full use of your GPU, that's why.

what do you mean "not demanding enough"? I want it to push as many FPS as possible! 

4 minutes ago, Evann said:

what do you mean "not demanding enough"? I want it to push as many FPS as possible! 

The game doesn't take up that many resources due to how old and simple the graphics are. There isn't any way to fix that.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 hour ago, Evann said:

Unfortunately it's not possible due to being limited to draw calls and other 'bottlenecks'(mostly software).

try to remove the cap with fps_max 0 to see how it reacts. THB i believe the game engine is shit. @max settings i jump from 350 to 700 FPS in a 5820K and 1070 both Overclocked. And none of my CPU nor GPU gets even close to 100%. CPU is 35% and GPU is 60% usage. 

10 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I assume you're in high-performance mode?

What do you mean?

10 hours ago, faziten said:

try to remove the cap with fps_max 0 to see how it reacts. THB i believe the game engine is shit. @max settings i jump from 350 to 700 FPS in a 5820K and 1070 both Overclocked. And none of my CPU nor GPU gets even close to 100%. CPU is 35% and GPU is 60% usage. 

I surely did.. the Thing i dont get is that i got permanent 300 FPS with my old rig (HD 7950 and i5 2320)

12 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Unfortunately it's not possible due to being limited to draw calls and other 'bottlenecks'(mostly software).

friends with a 2nd gen i5 and GTX 660 manage to get 300 FPS:.

6 hours ago, Evann said:

I surely did.. the Thing i dont get is that i got permanent 300 FPS with my old rig (HD 7950 and i5 2320)

So new architectures have inconsistencies while old architectures don't. That is a game optimization issue. NV and AMD may put the best of their own to make games run properly but some parts of the code is up to the game developer. It's not related to the raw performance but sadly very little comes to raw performance until optimization takes place. 

On 12/29/2016 at 2:11 PM, Evann said:

HI there :)

i recently noticed "low" FPS in a couple of games. For example counter strike GO - with my setup i should easly push 300 FPS (playing at low settings in 4:3 streched res), but i barely get 200, in heavy "fights" 100 or below.

My FPS isnt capped, and i noticed this problem in mutliple games.

My CPU most of the time chills at 50% or below usage, while my GPU usage usually looks like this http://prntscr.com/dpexk6 .

I had the same Problem with my last GPU (970), what can cause this problem?

setup:

i5 6600 

R9 Fury @ 1050mhz -24mv (power limit at max)

16GB RAM

630W PSU

and yes, temps are very cool all the time! 

In games like Witcher 3 i havent experienced any Problems.. running 70FPS on Ultra.

Thanks in advance! 

CSGO currently has performance issues. Check the subreddit for it. Tons of people complaining.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe