Dual monitor questions

jakjakattack

Hello,

Today I hooked up two monitors to my computer as I have always wanted a dual monitor setup. It's amazing, but I have a few questions. I play a game called path of exile and I play it in windowed fullscreen mode because I use macros. The problem is that my pointer goes onto the second monitor when I do this. Is there any way to lock and unlock the pointer for 1 screen? Another problem I face is when I try to play fullscreen mode I have to alt+tab to move my mouse to the other screen. This kind of defeats the purpose of two monitors. Is there any way to fix this?

Regards,

Jackson

For the Windowed Fullscreen one, is the monitor you are playing the game the primary monitor according to Windows? If not, I would try making it the main one. I'm not sure if that will fix it though. For the fullscreen one, there is no solution for that afaik. I had to get used to it

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

For the Windowed Fullscreen one, is the monitor you are playing the game the primary monitor according to Windows? If not, I would try making it the main one. I'm not sure if that will fix it though. For the fullscreen one, there is no solution for that afaik. I had to get used to it

It is my main display. Thank you for the help though.

To my knowledge there is not a way to do this, other than using "borderless windowed" mode, but not all games have this. I might be wrong and hope someone has a better answer because I have the same issue on my tri-monitor.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

8 minutes ago, jakjakattack said:

Another problem I face is when I try to play fullscreen mode I have to alt+tab to move my mouse to the other screen. This kind of defeats the purpose of two monitors. Is there any way to fix this?

No, it is either randomly clicking outside the game with the benefit of not alt-tabbing or alt tabbing to do something outside. It is more usefull for work applications an monitoring things while playing than really while playing doing something on the side.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

No, it is either randomly clicking outside the game with the benefit of not alt-tabbing or alt tabbing to do something outside. It is more usefull for work applications an monitoring things while playing than really while playing doing something on the side.

That's the thing. Path of exile has an auction house type thing out of game on a website. The plan was to be able to use it on one monitor and play on the other but that is kind of out of the window right now which kind of sucks.