Triple Monitor 144hz Help??

ShivamPlays

So I have 3 60hz 24in monitors which are all very good for triple monitor gaming and overall productivity, but as I'm getting better and better at Counter strike global offensive (LE) im considering a 144hz monitor. Many people tell me that you cant get 144hz monitors to work with 60hz monitors because the 144hz monitor will also be 60hz. I have my monitors configured in Nvidia Surround. any tips?

I have this problem. I have three 27" monitors. The center one is 144hz, 1440p with g-sync.

You will not be able to use Nvidea surround if you go for a higher resolution monitor, unless you can set the resolution on the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). Mine cannot be done so.

Even if you don't get a higher resolution monitor, or don't use surround, you still need to disable the others to get the 144hz.

I am a CSGO player.

2 minutes ago, nickspacemonkey said:

I have this problem. I have three 27" monitors. The center one is 144hz, 1440p with g-sync.

You will not be able to use Nvidea surround if you go for a higher resolution monitor, unless you can set the resolution on the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). Mine cannot be done so.

Even if you don't get a higher resolution monitor, or don't use surround, you still need to disable the others to get the 144hz.

I am a CSGO player.

thanks for the info. hopefully in the future a way will be found. Linus hint hint video idea

26 minutes ago, ShivamPlays said:

So I have 3 60hz 24in monitors which are all very good for triple monitor gaming and overall productivity, but as I'm getting better and better at Counter strike global offensive (LE) im considering a 144hz monitor. Many people tell me that you cant get 144hz monitors to work with 60hz monitors because the 144hz monitor will also be 60hz. I have my monitors configured in Nvidia Surround. any tips?

from what i've read, you it will just work at 60hz. Your only option is not use surround for that game (dunno why you would play csgo comp with surround anyways). Btw. dont expect to suddenly go to LEM just because you get 144hz monitor. It will look way smoother but that is not gonna make you a better player

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

3 minutes ago, ShivamPlays said:

thanks for the info. hopefully in the future a way will be found. Linus hint hint video idea

BTW i totally don't regret having to do all that and giving up Nvidea surround for higher resolution, refresh rate and g-sync.

I just have to get 2 more!

Just now, Alesek said:

from what i've read, you it will just work at 60hz. Your only option is not use surround for that game (dunno why you would play csgo comp with surround anyways). Btw. dont expect to suddenly go to LEM just because you get 144hz monitor. It will look way smoother but that is not gonna make you a better player

i dont play csgo with triple monitors ahaha i just have them configured in surround for the other triple a games. So if i disable surround it will work? i play fullscreen 4:3 streched 1280x960 so i only use one monitor anyway. 

1 minute ago, ShivamPlays said:

i dont play csgo with triple monitors ahaha i just have them configured in surround for the other triple a games. So if i disable surround it will work? i play fullscreen 4:3 streched 1280x960 so i only use one monitor anyway. 

if you dont use surround and play in fullscreen, i dont see a reason why it would not be 144hz. I personally have only two screens (144hz and 60hz) and i use the 144hz one for gaming without problem. I dont think it is different with 3 screens. 

What's up with these LE's playing in stretched resolutions nowadays? If you play a warmup every day for 15 minutes, watch some pro games to get better game sense, you will get to global in no time. I think thats better than looking at a pixelated game 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Just now, Alesek said:

if you dont use surround and play in fullscreen, i dont see a reason why it would not be 144hz. I personally have only two screens (144hz and 60hz) and i use the 144hz one for gaming without problem. I dont think it is different with 3 screens. 

What's up with these LE's playing in stretched resolutions nowadays? If you play a warmup every day for 15 minutes, watch some pro games to get better game sense, you will get to global in no time. I think thats better than looking at a pixelated game 

okay thanks. Playing 4:3 doesnt provide benefit, its actually slightly worse in some aspects. I just prefer it because im used to it from older games

1 minute ago, ShivamPlays said:

okay thanks. Playing 4:3 doesnt provide benefit, its actually slightly worse in some aspects. I just prefer it because im used to it from older games

thats what i think. your target is a bit bigger but also mouse movement is not the same... anyways, as long as you prefer it that way :-) good luck!

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

10 minutes ago, Alesek said:

Try googling for UFO frame test and see what it reports to you. I would link but not sure it's allowed.

36 minutes ago, nickspacemonkey said:

Try googling for UFO frame test and see what it reports to you. I would link but not sure it's allowed.

yea ive used that site before. Also can you reccomend a reasonably priced 24'' 144hz 1080p display