Side Panel Fans

ermu

Why is this not a thing now? I noticed that modern cases do not have this. In my opinion, it's a really great cooling solution since air will be taken in directly at the GPU and motherboard. Care to enlighten me about this? I'm just new to PC building and just curious why modern case designers "abandoned" this feature.

Because it's not really necessary. front lower intake and rear upper exhaust just proofed to work well enough. Especially with modern efficient hardware. Of course you can fit a side fan, but it's always a hazzle (power cable?) and depending on position more likely to be aimed at you compared to front/rear fans.

I just made some holes (2x 120x120 mm fan holes) in my side panel, to cool down my HDD's. Case was designed for just 2 HDD's, and at one time, I had 6 installed.

Currently using 2 HDD's and 1 SSD. Still using them fans in the side panel, and my computer "leaks" cold air everywhere. (always @ 100%, due to molex fans)

If you don't like a case, don't buy it. If you do like a case, but you think something is wrong with it, modify it.