i5 4460 or i3 6100

Go to solution Solved by smokefest,
3 minutes ago, antoipod said:

So my pc desperately needs a cpu upgrade which ive been putting off for a while now, Im not sure if I should go for an i5 4460 and save some money since ive got  10gb of ddr3 (8gb + 2gb) at around 1600mhz  or go for a skylake based build with an i3 6100 since ddr4 is more futureproof. Also since im  inexperienced what would be a good motherboard for each socket at around 90-110$ CND and what are some good motherboard brands since it seems like half of motherboards are DOA looking at the newegg reviews?

Get the i5 and stick with ur ddr3 ram.

So my pc desperately needs a cpu upgrade which ive been putting off for a while now, Im not sure if I should go for an i5 4460 and save some money since ive got  10gb of ddr3 (8gb + 2gb) at around 1600mhz  or go for a skylake based build with an i3 6100 since ddr4 is more futureproof. Also since im  inexperienced what would be a good motherboard for each socket at around 90-110$ CND and what are some good motherboard brands since it seems like half of motherboards are DOA looking at the newegg reviews?

3 minutes ago, antoipod said:

15 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Go for the i4, the difference between DDR3 and DDR4 is negligible.

i4 ?

30 minutes ago, smokefest said:

alright, il go with the i5, how about the motherboard?

1 minute ago, antoipod said:

What are the stores that you would be willing to purchase parts from? And any LGA1150 motherboard will be compatible and work just fine, so its a matter of the price and what you need.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

What are the stores that you would be willing to purchase parts from? And any LGA1150 motherboard will be compatible and work just fine, so its a matter of the price and what you need.

im willing to purchase off amazon.ca newegg.ca ncix  memory express and direct canada. So any lga 1150 board will work? Don't some not accept two ram dimms with different capacities?

10 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Well fuck me

Yeah sure at least I get something for christmas this year xD