Mini PCI-e Bluetooth card

Gamboodle
Go to solution Solved by Prysin,
17 minutes ago, Grieferrimix said:

Is there anyone who knows about a cheap mini PCI-e Bluetooth card? I know I could buy a USB one, but I have a tendency to break those kinds of things.

Intel 7260

they cost like 25$

Is there anyone who knows about a cheap mini PCI-e Bluetooth card? I know I could buy a USB one, but I have a tendency to break those kinds of things.

Just so were clear, you mean the kind that plugs in a laptop right?
Then you will most likely need one that also has Wifi on it, otherwise you will lose wireless internet access.

Those don't come cheap and really you could just buy two dozen $1~$2 bluetooth 4.0/1/2 usb dongle instead on ebay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Then you will most likely need one that also has Wifi on it, otherwise you will lose wireless internet access.

Those don't come cheap and really you could buy two dozen $1~$2 bluetooth usb dongle instead on ebay.

I do mean laptop, but I just use ethernet. 

17 minutes ago, Grieferrimix said:

Intel 7260

they cost like 25$

14 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Those don't come cheap and really you could just buy two dozen $1~$2 bluetooth 4.0/1/2 usb dongle instead on ebay.

Why would a Bluetooth card affect wifi?

20 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Intel 7260

they cost like 25$

This looks great, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Grieferrimix said:

This looks great, thanks!

i own one. One of the best wifi cards iv'e come across that isnt a full sized PCIe card...

If you are going to get a full sized PCIe card in the future, then the TP-Link T9e or T8e is deff your choice.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why would a Bluetooth card affect wifi?

In laptops, the bluetooth and wifi are generally on the same card, and there rarely is have extra slots for additional mini pci-e cards in laptops, that's why.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

In laptops, the bluetooth and wifi are generally on the same card, and there rarely is have extra slots for additional mini pci-e cards in laptops, that's why.

Ohhhh.  I guess I hadn't read closely enough.  I'd thought op meant a card for a desktop.  Oops..  ?