Cpu fan and heatsync stuck to board

Shawnion

http://imgur.com/W1pnkxQ

Is what im dealing with the black pin in the middle of the two white plastic flaps is supposed to fold in and allow the white plastic flaps througj but it wont budge any ideas?

Can I get a pic of the other side of the mobo?

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

5 minutes ago, Shawnion said:

http://imgur.com/W1pnkxQ

Is what im dealing with the black pin in the middle of the two white plastic flaps is supposed to fold in and allow the white plastic flaps througj but it wont budge any ideas?

Do this in reverse:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

7 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Can I get a pic of the other side of the mobo?

1482682190637-1580707004.jpg

15 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Do this in reverse:

I should note that the pin is stuck and turning the black arrow to the removing position doesnt work.

1 minute ago, Shawnion said:

I should note that the pin is stuck and turning the black arrow to the removing position doesnt work.

Well... Use a flathead screwdriver to turn the arrow to the removing position and then pull....

This should work...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

again, turning pin to the removing position does not work. Its already in the removing position and i cant turn the arrow the other way either

with a flat blade screwdriver, press on the black stub inside the white nylon retainer from the backside of the motherboard. will take some force, but will release your HSF.

Cpu fan pins wont budge no matter how hard i pull, the turning pins are in the right direction. I resorted to pulling off the white plastic flaps that did nothing but i have damaged the motherboard in the process with an exacto knife and am getting super frustrated. I would just like to get this cpu out please help

14 minutes ago, Shawnion said:

Cpu fan pins wont budge no matter how hard i pull, the turning pins are in the right direction. I resorted to pulling off the white plastic flaps that did nothing but i have damaged the motherboard in the process with an exacto knife and am getting super frustrated. I would just like to get this cpu out please help

picture?

cant visualize said problem in my head

Edited by KOMTechAndGaming

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

8 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

picture?

cant visualize said problem in my head

The black pin in the middle of the two white plastic flaps is my trouble

20161225_075158.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shawnion said:

The black pin in the middle of the two white plastic flaps is my trouble

20161225_075158.jpg

turn the black screw left or right on the stock cooler  and it should just come out

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

turn the black screw left or right on the stock cooler  and it should just come out

The screws are supposed to turn left and ive done both it wont come out no matter the way i pull

2 minutes ago, Shawnion said:

The screws are supposed to turn left and ive done both it wont come out no matter the way i pull

show the COOLER side where the screw is stuck please