Getting additional RAM -- different models?

Go to solution Solved by ChalkChalkson,
1 minute ago, chobo said:

ohhh I didn't know it lower the speed.. hmm I still haven't shopped around yet but ill take a look right now

1. lower RAM speeds almost never matter

2. it will run of the speed of the lower speed kit, so probably just the speed of your current kit

Hey guys, I'm currently using; 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104244 --- in 2x4gb 

I'm looking to go 16gb and with two slot still free, can i just get another 2x8gb with matching speed but different model? (since i can't find those particular modem anymore they only got the newer hyper x's)

Or would be getting new 2x8gb all together be better?

Thanks!

you can get another 2x4GB kit (even at a different speed, they will just run at the lower one, though you might need to configure it in the BIOS)

or get a 2x8GB kit, I would recommend the former one, since it will be cheaper :)

I hope this helped you!

2 minutes ago, ChalkChalkson said:

you can get another 2x4GB kit (even at a different speed, they will just run at the lower one, though you might need to configure it in the BIOS)

or get a 2x8GB kit, I would recommend the former one, since it will be cheaper :)

I hope this helped you!

ohhh I didn't know it lower the speed.. hmm I still haven't shopped around yet but ill take a look right now

1 minute ago, chobo said:

1. lower RAM speeds almost never matter

2. it will run of the speed of the lower speed kit, so probably just the speed of your current kit