internet problems on new PC

hi, I just built a new PC and I have a problem. I plugged in an ethernet cable and no networks showed up. I have an ASRock Extreme 4 z170 motherboard. the troubleshooter said that the cable is not plugged in or is broken. i plugged the cable into the wall, and it still came up on 3 different cables. if you could help that would be great.

have you looked at the cable to make sure its not broken? 

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

22 minutes ago, Ryan Brighton said:

hi, I just built a new PC and I have a problem. I plugged in an ethernet cable and no networks showed up. I have an ASRock Extreme 4 z170 motherboard. the troubleshooter said that the cable is not plugged in or is broken. i plugged the cable into the wall, and it still came up on 3 different cables. if you could help that would be great.

Make sure the cable is not broken and that you are inserting it correctly. Then use another PC to download the latest drivers. If it still doesn't work, the network adaptar might be broken

I fixed it. the socket under my desk was broken. Thankfully there was another ethernet socket in my room. I got a long ethernet cable. I will get a wireless network card or the socket fixed. Thanks to those of you who helped.