Anyone recently bought internet plans in canada?

gtx1060=value

Rogers has increased the price for my SD tv box rental to 12 dollars a month. Before, i never really watched tv so i found it pointless to get an hd box. but now, the sd and hd boxes cost the same to rent, but i would have to pay more for the hd channels, i bundle my tv with the internet, if anyone has recently haggled with any ISPs and got a good deal similar to my internet and tv plans (60mbps, 200gb and around 125 channels) for under 100 dollars a month when all fees are added up, could you please tell me which provider and the details of the plan? Many thanks

I did lol

Fido 60, unlimited usage

Paying 60 CAD per month. Speed was above 70. Reaching 90 ish which was very surprising as it claims to be up to 60MBps

Got it last month.

The catch is only for a year/ You should look now, deal ending this year

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I did lol

Fido 60, unlimited usage

Paying 60 CAD per month. Speed was above 70. Reaching 90 ish which was very surprising as it claims to be up to 60MBps

Got it last month.

fido? i might look into that, i use them for phone services, they might be able to decrease the price even more, but the issue is that i need the tv and internet bundled, 60 CAD plus another 50 for TV is way too much - i just don't want to pay so much for tv because i rarely watch shows but i watch so much news

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

fido? i might look into that, i use them for phone services, they might be able to decrease the price even more, but the issue is that i need the tv and internet bundled, 60 CAD plus another 50 for TV is way too much - i just don't want to pay so much for tv because i rarely watch shows but i watch so much news

there is one for 15cad month for TV. some wierd name, can't think of one now, start with Z or smt

EDIT: It was Zazeen

Three days ago TekSavvy emailed me telling me that at the end of Jan my internet bill was going to be reduced by $11.  Straight reduction, no service changes, just a bizarro world situation where a service provider was all 'Hey, we're going to ask for less money next month!'  ...So I vote TekSavvy.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Three days ago TekSavvy emailed me telling me that at the end of Jan my internet bill was going to be reduced by $11.  Straight reduction, no service changes, just a bizarro world situation where a service provider was all 'Hey, we're going to ask for less money next month!'  ...So I vote TekSavvy.

but teksavvy doesn't have tv - looking at the shaw packages rn and i probably will end up with shaw

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

but teksavvy doesn't have tv - looking at the shaw packages rn and i probably will end up with shaw

Oh!  Broadcast television!  That's quaint.  Do you also have a landline telephone and a fax machine? :o

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Oh!  Broadcast television!  That's quaint.  Do you also have a landline telephone and a fax machine? :o

where else am i going to get my breakfast news?

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

where else am i going to get my breakfast news?

For every possible use you can say you have for actual broadcast television and asking how it can be replaced, the correct answer will be 'The Internet'. 

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

For every possible use you can say you have for actual broadcast television and asking how it can be replaced, the correct answer will be 'The Internet'. 

CTV and CBC don't exactly broadcast on the internet - besides the zazeen plan gives me the 10 channels i need for just under 5 dollars

12 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

CTV and CBC don't exactly broadcast on the internet - besides the zazeen plan gives me the 10 channels i need for just under 5 dollars

Okay, that's cool.  ...So, you say you're in the 'GTA' on your profile and CTV and CBC broadcast for free off the top of the CN Tower, which you could pick up out of the air in high definition the total investment of a $30 HDTV antenna.  ...So why would you pay a monthly fee for what you could get for free plus a minor hardware investment?

Also CBC French, Global, CityTV, TVOntario and OMNI2 are also broadcast off the CN Tower.  Meanwhile Fox, CW, NBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS are broadcast from across Lake Ontario in Buffalo, NY and receivable.  But yeah, monthly fee... I guess that's an option... If you like burning money. o.O