AMD Phenom 1055T compared to equivalent intel?

Go to solution Solved by Ryan Leech,

It uses about as much power as a heavily overclocked i7-990X, its gaming performance is similar to a non-overclocked sandy i5, it is compatible with new FX motherboards which means you can use USB 3 and SATA III

Hey everyone,

Looking at picking up some cheap second hand pc parts and have found a amd phenom 1055T with a motherboard, 8gb ram and a motherboard for around $150. But I don't know AMD cpu's/ motherboards really well, performance wise and power usage wise how does this cpu stack up against intel cpu's from it's era?

Also any info on AMD cpu's, sockets, chipset features (usb 3, SATA, PCI-E) would be great!

Cheers,

It uses about as much power as a heavily overclocked i7-990X, its gaming performance is similar to a non-overclocked sandy i5, it is compatible with new FX motherboards which means you can use USB 3 and SATA III

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

That's a great deal. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ahk, thanks man helped me tonnes I'll definitely be grabbing it!