34 inch 3440x1440p 120hz+ curved gaming monitor.

Morey

Hi all

Anyone of you guys know if a monitor with these specs is on its way.

I know it's possible with dp 1.3 but i can't find any news on this or upcoming releases.

I know is almost CES so i really have my hopes high they will be announced at this show.

There is a updated version next year of the acer x34p but it will "only" be able to do 100hz.

Maybe an updated version of the asus rog swift pg348q would be nice aswell.

Any news on this is much appreciated.

Thx

Honestly, I don't think anything past 100Hz is necessary (not that you could drive anything at that resolution at more than 100 FPS with anything but 1070 SLI or better). The difference between 100Hz and 144Hz (and also 120Hz for that matter) is not as noticeable as going from 60Hz to 100Hz. But to answer your question: No I don't think there are any monitors like this underway. 

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

According to Paul from Paul's Hardware who spoke to Acer representatives, the X34p "probably should be able" to overclock past 100hz:

There are also rumors that the reason it got delayed to 2017 was to upgrade the DP port and use a better quality panel. I hope this will fix many of the issues that plagued the X34 (scanlines, inconsistent OC, backlight bleed, coil whine, etc.) Should hear more news at CES this year would be my guess.