Graphics card problem or Mobo?

Kharma-

So, recently I bought a GTX 1050, I installed it on my motherboard and it ran fine, then after installing geforce experience, the screen went black but i could listen to the windows sounds that I clicked on, like a minute or so after, I turned it off (The pc) and booted it up again, this time it only showed the Gigabyte logo and then it went black again, I cant use that GPU now, Can someone help me? Is my mobo too weak?

Is my Cpu too weak for that GPU?

Specs:

Intel Celeron G1620 LGA 1155 clocked at 2.7GHZ

8gb of RAM DDR3 clocked at 1333MHZ

Corsair cx430 Power supply

Gigabyte GA-h61-DS2

if I had to guess it could be the cpu, if I'm not mistaken I believe that's a weak ass cpu.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Hi,

To be honest, the CPU is pretty weak but it is unlikely to prevent it from working, I had a problem with a GPU when I got it, it turned out to be faulty as it was the 980 Ti, and, although I purchased it brand new, I don't think it was. You may have a similar problem as when I had the problem with my one, it showed the MSI boot screen however when it went into windows it was covered in lines and not very easy to use.

Hope this helps

28 minutes ago, TurtleTrain said:

Hi,

To be honest, the CPU is pretty weak but it is unlikely to prevent it from working, I had a problem with a GPU when I got it, it turned out to be faulty as it was the 980 Ti, and, although I purchased it brand new, I don't think it was. You may have a similar problem as when I had the problem with my one, it showed the MSI boot screen however when it went into windows it was covered in lines and not very easy to use.

Hope this helps

before I had the cx430w corsair power supply, I had a generic psu (At the time I Installed the gtx 1050) could the PSU damage the gpu?

53 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

if I had to guess it could be the cpu, if I'm not mistaken I believe that's a weak ass cpu.

Could an i3 2120 work?

and intel celeron is not good enough for that im sorry to say it but you might need a upgrade 

like a i3 or even amd fx

16 minutes ago, Kharma- said:

Could an i3 2120 work?

I wish I could give an answer on this, but unfortunately I don't have an answer to that.

If anything I'm sure a sandy bridge I5 would be up to the challenge, however unless you can get one used then they're expensive for shitty reasons,

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jxJwrH/intel-cpu-bx80623i52400

52 minutes ago, Kharma- said:

before I had the cx430w corsair power supply, I had a generic psu (At the time I Installed the gtx 1050) could the PSU damage the gpu?

It is unlikely to unless there was some form of surge, even if there was, this probably won't have affected the GPU, especially if all of the other components are fine and it is less likely if it is non-modular. You may have been send a dodgy card so that may be worth checking

Im getting an i5 2500, ill let you know if thats the solution it should come around December 28, if that doesnt work, ill have to apply my warranty :/

2 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

I wish I could give an answer on this, but unfortunately I don't have an answer to that.

If anything I'm sure a sandy bridge I5 would be up to the challenge, however unless you can get one used then they're expensive for shitty reasons,

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/jxJwrH/intel-cpu-bx80623i52400

Wait, I forgot to mention, when I install the gpu, I dont see any kind of drivers on the device manager, I install another gpu and ot works fine, Does that has to do with the motherboard connector? does it provides enough watts? I have a Zotac Mini, so I dont need an external pci connector.

Also when I installed the Geforce experience, my gpu fan started spinning at 100%, does that has to do with the cpu?, because I have seen weaker cpus with more powerful gpus

thanks

23 minutes ago, Kharma- said:

Wait, I forgot to mention, when I install the gpu, I dont see any kind of drivers on the device manager, I install another gpu and ot works fine, Does that has to do with the motherboard connector? does it provides enough watts? I have a Zotac Mini, so I dont need an external pci connector.

Also when I installed the Geforce experience, my gpu fan started spinning at 100%, does that has to do with the cpu?, because I have seen weaker cpus with more powerful gpus

thanks

when you installed drivers did you do so from disc or website? If from disc then uninstall them completely and download from the nvidia website.

Only thing I can think of yo

11 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

when you installed drivers did you do so from disc or website? If from disc then uninstall them completely and download from the nvidia website.

Only thing I can think of yo

I downloaded them

Is there any probability that my motherboard isn't giving enough watts ( since the gpu I have doesn't require an external 6 or 8 pin connector and it draws 75 watts form the motherboard)?

7 hours ago, Kharma- said:

I downloaded them

Is there any probability that my motherboard isn't giving enough watts ( since the gpu I have doesn't require an external 6 or 8 pin connector and it draws 75 watts form the motherboard)?

that isn't something I would know.

Only thing I can think of is try to get a hold of whatever company the motherboard was made by

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2016 at 5:38 PM, Inception9269 said:

that isn't something I would know.

Only thing I can think of is try to get a hold of whatever company the motherboard was made by

So, I bought an i5 2500 and... it didn't worked :c,I can't think of something else to do!

The cpu was never the issue, yes it's slow but it wouldn't stop the gpu working. You need to test the gpu in another system  if possible 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 hours ago, Kharma- said:

So, I bought an i5 2500 and... it didn't worked :c,I can't think of something else to do!

in that case it's definitely a motherboard issue.

Only thing I can say is find a new motherboard. Try going to pcpartpicker and selecting the i5-2500 as your cpu that way it shows compatible motherboards. For the sorting I recommend sorting by lowest price first considering most of the ones I've seen on that page don't have prices listed.

perhaps this motherboard would work better, http://pcpartpicker.com/product/xDLypg/msi-motherboard-b75map45

MSI being my preferred brand and to my knowledge they seem to make good, reliable motherboards