FHD free sync monitor ?

Darkful

hello there 

I'm looking for 1080p free sync TN monitor for my AMD RX 480 also is ViewSonic trusted brand ?

Viewsonic is decent. I wouldn't expect too much from them but they aren't dysfunctional. How much do you want to spend on this monitor?

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

Viewsonic is decent. I wouldn't expect too much from them but they aren't dysfunctional. How much do you want to spend on this monitor?

I prefer 144hz 

13 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Do you want FreeSync and 144hz? If so get this: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/sbKhP6/asus-mg248q-240-144hz-monitor-mg248q

You really only need one of them, I would get a 144hz: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/PmyFf7/acer-monitor-umfg6aab01

what do u think of this monitor https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B013YIR5WU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

also are free sync and adaptive sync the same thing ?

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Its a good monitor. Adaptive sync is the standard that FreeSync is bassed upon so its similar

hmmm will work on my AMD card? and which is better adaptive or free sync ?

3 minutes ago, Darkful said:

hmmm will work on my AMD card? and which is better adaptive or free sync ?

Adaptive Sync isn't a replacement for FreeSync at all. I probably should have been more specific in my last post. Adaptive sync just toggles between 30fps and 60 depending on how well our gpu is doing. FreeSync syncs the monitor with the GPU using portions of that technology and some added stuff. FreeSync is better than adaptive sync but if you are getting a 144hz monitor you don't even need any sync technology. The screen refreshes fast enough so that you wouldn't even notice any screen tearing if there was some.

3 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

Adaptive Sync isn't a replacement for FreeSync at all. I probably should have been more specific in my last post. Adaptive sync just toggles between 30fps and 60 depending on how well our gpu is doing. FreeSync syncs the monitor with the GPU using portions of that technology and some added stuff. FreeSync is better than adaptive sync but if you are getting a 144hz monitor you don't even need any sync technology. The screen refreshes fast enough so that you wouldn't even notice any screen tearing if there was some.

I think you are confused. Adaptive Sync is the same thing as FreeSync, it's just FreeSync is basically the AMD branding/drivers for using Adaptive-Sync.

You are talking about Adaptive V-Sync which is just regular V-Sync that turns off when your framerate is below the monitor's refresh rate, specifically so that it doesn't toggle between 30 and 60 Hz like normal V-Sync does, but transitions down more smoothly.

6 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I think you are confused. Adaptive Sync is the same thing as FreeSync, it's just FreeSync is basically the AMD branding/drivers for using Adaptive-Sync.

You are talking about Adaptive V-Sync which is just regular V-Sync that turns off when your framerate is below the monitor's refresh rate, specifically so that it doesn't toggle between 30 and 60 Hz like normal V-Sync does, but transitions down more smoothly.

oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification