Water Cooling an Rx 480

Do the EK blocks work with only the reference design? I would buy the reference card but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody have any ideas? I haven't bought the watercooling gear yet but I wanted to cool team red due to no 1060 blocks being made.

Any recommendations for similarly priced cards to cool? Other Rx 480s that work with other waterblocks, etc. This is a Christmas build for a friend so, any advice at all would be awesome.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

dont watercool an rx 480... not worth it bud. i would suggest to wait for rx 490 or something like that because it will be a direct competitor with the gtx 1080.

but if youre insisting, yeah get a refrence rx 480 and get an EK waterblock that is made for refrence design. im pretty sure those are available because theyre refrence

5 minutes ago, psycoUSA said:

dont watercool an rx 480... not worth it bud. i would suggest to wait for rx 490 or something like that because it will be a direct competitor with the gtx 1080.

but if youre insisting, yeah get a refrence rx 480 and get an EK waterblock that is made for refrence design. im pretty sure those are available because theyre refrence

Do you know where i could get an Rx 480 reference? I they all seem to be out of stock.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

15 minutes ago, JR8 said:

Do you know where i could get an Rx 480 reference? I they all seem to be out of stock.

well the EK blocks work on ref boards , not every aftermarket card has a custom design , look at pics and look for cheaper aftermarket cards that use the stock boardlayout 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Why watercool a RX 480? That's a big waste of money. Why not get upgrades that focus more on actually performance, as anyone that has a RX 480 can probably use some performance upgrades elsewhere (if not upgrading the GPU).

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK