Where to go from here

BobyTheDragon

For the past hour AT LEAST a lot of people have been posting builds and stuff and ive had a bit of fun helping them. But I forgot about my build, My lovely pc that I may of dropped once by mistake...

I don't know what to upgrade. I was thinking about the GPU but I want your guys opinions. Here's what I got now.

i7 6700

Deepcool Gamerstorm 240 AIO (I wasn't thinking straight when I got it and kinda liked the bulky design of it)

Crucial Ballstix Tracer 16gb Ram (2x8gb) 

B150M-A D3 Asus Motherboard

MSI RX 480

RM 750i PSU (I'm going to be honest this is overkill I use less than 350 watts under load)

Too many HDD/SSDs to count (But enough storage for me)

And I've probably forgot something aswell, Dont know what though.

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

What resolution are you playing games at? Or what do you want it to be? If it is 1080p then you are set. If you want it to be higher (say 1440p or something) then the only upgrade is your GPU to maybe a 1070. But since you just got a new GPU, I think it would be wise to stick with it since you really won't get your moneys worth from it if you only use it for a few months. But if you don't mind that, I would try to up your resolution and graphics card.

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

What resolution are you playing games at? Or what do you want it to be? If it is 1080p then you are set. If you want it to be higher (say 1440p or something) then the only upgrade is your GPU to maybe a 1070. But since you just got a new GPU, I think it would be wise to stick with it since you really won't get your moneys worth from it if you only use it for a few months. But if you don't mind that, I would try to up your resolution and graphics card.

1080p 60hz, Was thinking about doing VR but im not sure on using the RX 480 which is the reason I mentioned a GPU upgrade to a 1070 or 1080

2 minutes ago, Marshall212 said:

1080p 60hz, Was thinking about doing VR but im not sure on using the RX 480 which is the reason I mentioned a GPU upgrade to a 1070 or 1080

rx480 is fine for VR, but you will probably face some stutters and it will struggle if you enable supersampling but it would still be a good experience. If you are actually going to get a VR headset and will use it a lot, it will be a good investment. That being said, I personally wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to get myself to buy a new graphics card after just getting one especially when you won't see much improvement at 1080p gaming, which I assume will be the majority of your gaming. But that's your decision.

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

rx480 is fine for VR, but you will probably face some stutters and it will struggle if you enable supersampling but it would still be a good experience. If you are actually going to get a VR headset and will use it a lot, it will be a good investment. That being said, I personally wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to get myself to buy a new graphics card after just getting one especially when you won't see much improvement at 1080p gaming, which I assume will be the majority of your gaming. But that's your decision.

Probably use it a lot and might go crazy a bit, Might crash some cars with beamng drive while wearing it... Might ATTEMPT to play battlefield with it somehow and then fail horribly, Might even play some minecraft which im too old to play but like it still

And then play all the VR games :D

2 minutes ago, Marshall212 said:

Probably use it a lot and might go crazy a bit, Might crash some cars with beamng drive while wearing it... Might ATTEMPT to play battlefield with it somehow and then fail horribly, Might even play some minecraft which im too old to play but like it still

And then play all the VR games :D

If you want the best experience then get the 1070 butt if you don't mind a little less, then the rx 480 will still suit you just fine. What I would do is get the VR headset before you buy a new GPU to see how your rx480 can handle it and if you think it is fine then stick with that. But if it does fall short then get the 1070 and you will be set for a while

Just now, SCGazelle said:

If you want the best experience then get the 1070 butt if you don't mind a little less, then the rx 480 will still suit you just fine. What I would do is get the VR headset before you buy a new GPU to see how your rx480 can handle it and if you think it is fine then stick with that. But if it does fall short then get the 1070 and you will be set for a while

Sweet, Thanks for the help :)