Gameplay looks smoother on youtube than when im playing myself?

DGaming

So I have a 60hz monitor, which means that my monitor cannot display more than 60 fps right? Well when Im playing a game and I get constant 60+ fps, and then i go on youtube and watch videos of people playing the same game, it looks so much smoother on youtube than when im playing the game myself. How is that possible? I know that I cant be seeing more than 60 fps on youtube since my monitor is 60hz, and at the same time i get 60+ fps in games, but why does it look smoother on youtube? If anyone can give me a possible explanation I would really appreciate it!

-Thank you :)

I can't remember the terminology, but it has to do with frame latency on the game you're playing and then how constant the frame timing is on a Youtube video; since it's a rendered video file and it's more consistent than rendering the game itself, the video will come across to you as smoother.

You mean it looks better regarding how fluid it is or just regarding image quality? (like in a still shot). 

If you mean it looks smoother (more fluid) on a youtube video then it can be that you aren't having consistent frames, or that the frame timing is off. On a video, the frames are on a fixed pace (as long as who made the video has enough hardware and knows how to produce the video properly).

constant frame timings because its a pre-renderd video and not real time render

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, ForsakenLive said:

You mean it looks better regarding how fluid it is or just regarding image quality? (like in a still shot). 

If you mean it looks smoother (more fluid) on a youtube video then it can be that you aren't having consistent frames, or that the frame timing is off. On a video, the frames are on a fixed pace (as long as who made the video has enough hardware and knows how to produce the video properly).

I mean it looks smoother (more fluid). And what u said makes sense, but is there  a way to fix that? Improve the consistency of the frames? :/

1 minute ago, DGaming said:

I mean it looks smoother (more fluid). And what u said makes sense, but is there  a way to fix that? Improve the consistency of the frames? :/

Sometimes It depends on the game, sometimes on the settings, sometimes on the hardware used and the combination of all these things.

Pcper and Anandtech often have detailed frame timings of each benchmark they do on the GPUs, this can help you to check how your GPU fares on certain games. 

Doing driver updates can help as well. 

If u are sensitive to the frame timing inconsistency

( non fluid  experience ) then you should invest in a G-sync monitor if u are Nvidia or Free sync for Amd , it kinda covers it up .

( It is actually meant to eliminate choppiness due to fps variations as it adapts the refresh rate to the current fps ).

Just like everyone else said , Youtube videos have  fixed frame timing as it is a pre rendered content , unlike gaming where ur gpu renders scenes actively as u move or change the camera view in game , so depending on how demanding the scene is the frame times get messed up , fluctuations start to occur  .

Gpu driver developers usually work on this area  to deliver a better gaming experience but it wont smooth it out like a youtube video .