New PC making wifi speeds slow dramatically

JJgrant2

I hope I have placed this in the correct section feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

So basically, i have recently built my first ever PC, loving it so far super quick the lot, however for the past couple of days i have noticed my wifi speeds drop dramatically on other devices. I first assumed that I had some kind of issue with the provider or modem as my speeds had dropped from 30mbs to 3-6mbs however I soon noticed that if my pc wasn't connected to the WIFI the speeds on the other devices are dramatically improved.

I have checked to see if any applications are using data in the background using the task manager but there doesn't seem to be any, this unfortunately is the full extend of the checks i can think to make. 

REALLY would love for one of the pros on here to give me some tips, I am a bit of a noob so I am up for trying anything suggested! 

Thanks in advance 

Does this mean that I have a rubbish on board wifi with my mobo then?? 

1 minute ago, JJgrant2 said:

Does this mean that I have a rubbish on board wifi with my mobo then?? 

It depends on the entire system

• Are there computers connected to the Wi-Fi network where it's spotty?
  • Does your router have multiple frequencies?
  • Does your router have MIMO antennas and do the devices have the same?

So it's probably best to let us know the make and model of the router and the computer in question. (Actually you should've said that from the start)

Okay so you will probably be enraged by me saying this but i have the standard broadband router issued by sky uk.

The computer has a giggabite g1 gaming z170n-gaming 5 mITX mobo, says it has "Dual band 802.11ac wifi". 

Not sure if you need other specs??