NZXT Switch 810 or Corsair 800D?

Aleks

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this thread. I will soon be upgrading my build to bigger and better case, as well as a custom water loop for my cpu and gpu. I need some assistance as to what the forum thinks would be a better buy... The NZXT Switch 810 or the Corsair 800D. I prefer the exterior of the switch 810 over the Corsair. But i like the interior of the 800D a little bit more than the Switch 810. I understand as far build quality goes, the 800D is mostly metal with few plastic parts, while the Switch is mostly plastic on the outside. which do you think would be a better case to go for in my situation? thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.

- Aleks

No price shouldnt be a factor, anything under $300 is good. Thanks for the reply!

i would go for the 800D you get a real quality case

The Switch is great for water cooling and there's good amount of customization you can do.

Hear are some builds that might help give you some ideas :D

- http://www.overclock.net/t/1316694/b...ame-switch-810

- http://www.overclock.net/t/1228740/b...rcooling-build

- http://www.overclock.net/t/1232340/n...cooled-mod-log

- http://www.overclock.net/t/1209421/b...-page-1-post-3

wow! thanks for the awesome help! glad you could help me out! those builds look awesome! i think ill go with the Switch 810. Good day!

Hey LimeDk, just saw your reply. could you elaborate a little bit on why you would choose the 800D? thanks for replying!

Remember that there are new versions of the Switch 810 without the glossy finish (= mat)

More expensive (like 10$) but I'd prefer those.

I've got the 800D for my GPU and CPU loop. I prefer the cleaner lines, and the metal exterior. Plastic just doesn't do it for me.

The 800d build quality and the overall aesthetics (steel and aluminium) would be better than the 810 switch (mostly plastic).

For a single cpu and single gpu Water cooling loop, the 810 switch could fit a 60mm 420mm radiator on top for ample cooling while 800d can only fit a 360mm which is still ok.

If you would go for dual high end graphic card, I would suggest the legendary TJ07 for 480mm bottom and 240mm top with minimum modding, which would give you a better cooled and quieter computer ( sure linus will agree ) .

Also, 900d, the successor of the quite outdated 800d , is going to be out in a few months or less, I would suggest waiting for it if you are not in hurry which will enable you building a more beastly water cooled machine if money is not a problem.

If you are in hurry, just get a 810, it is of great value and will certainly serve you well for a long time.

If your watercooling Switch 810 all the way, it can fit a triple 120/140mm rad in the top, a single 140mm in the back and a dual 120mm in the bottom. (I think you may also be able to fit a 120mm in the front but it may be a squeeze). It's a very good quality case, has a very large window in the side which if your watercooling you'll want and i believe its the cheapest of the 2.

However i am slightly biased as i have a switch 810.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Switch 810. No contest. Looks better. You can fit more rad for a cheaper price. And so what about plastic? The build quality of this case is great. I own one and I can personally vouch for it. It's solid as a rock!

Plus the 810 has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better air flow, which matters a lot.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

As an 800D and 810 owner my preference is with the 800D, but that is purely astetic, the 810 is an amazing case just some of the functionality is a bit shakey and the 800D has just ridiculous cable management, but its a bit bigger. oh and I cut my hip on the corner of the 800D once....so keep the sharp edges in mind.

As an 800D and 810 owner my preference is with the 800D' date=' but that is purely astetic, the 810 is an amazing case just some of the functionality is a bit shakey and the 800D has just ridiculous cable management, but its a bit bigger. oh and I cut my hip on the corner of the 800D once....so keep the sharp edges in mind.[/quote']

I am curious as to what parts of the functionality of the switch is "shakey". I think the cable management should be similar. Huge cases with ltos of routing holes and room behind mobo tray.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Maybe its just me, but I dont like the NZXT Switch... I think its really ugly... But just my opinion. But I LOVE the Phantom Series of NZXT, maybe take a look at those as well smile.png

We would definitely recommend you a Corsair 800D Case!

We would definitely recommend you a Corsair 800D Case!

Can you please explain to us which features the 800D has over the Switch 810 and why you would recommend it aside from it being Corsair? ;)

Wow guys thanks for all the help with my little predicament! I am swaying a little bit more the switch 810, mainly because i absolutely love the look of it. i know the 800d probably has better build quality but either way it just doesn't look as good, in my opinion. I am swaying towards the Switch 810 interior wise as well. Although i love the hot swap-able bays on the 800d, i am just not a fan of the overall look, and the grommets look much nicer inside the Switch 810.

I currently am with a HAF 912 Mid-Tower case. Its nice, but there just isn't any room! and i could just imagine what it would be like the get a decent water loop in this thing. So as of now i am really swaying towards the switch 810. please leave your reply's as to why i am or am not making the right decision. you guys have helped me out tremendously throughout this whole thing. Thanks!

I would defiantly go for the switch 810. although the corsair is mostly metal. the look and design of the switch knocks the corsair out of the park. good luck!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

• 2 weeks later...

I went for 810 over 800d after I watched TTL's videos of 810.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit