Hello

NickToye

Hi,

Just signed up to this forum via the YouTube video on ultimate 4k gaming.  I've not really used a PC in a good while as my profession is Mac based, but I have joined because I want to learn more about assembling a decent system - I'm also keen to build my own as I've never really done it before, well not in the past 15 years anyway.

I assume this channel is not the right place, am I best suited raising a topic in General?

Thanks

No, LTT is definintely one of the best places to learn about building a PC. I suggest watching the build guides to get an understanding and get a feel step by step. 

This is a good video that can help before building. 

Do not worry friend, Linustechtips is one of if not the best community for PC building.

Your questions you will be asking will have been asked by 1000's by other people.

For instanct - Is this a bottle neck?

Spoiler

Triple Chin Triple chin

12 hours ago, NickToye said:

I have joined because I want to learn more about assembling a decent system - I'm also keen to build my own as I've never really done it before, well not in the past 15 years anyway.

This one gave me the idea how to do it myself.

While most of the discussions here are for Windows PCs, there's a thread discussing macOS and Linux too. If you have any problems with yoour build or something goes haywire with your computers whether its kernel panic in a Mac or blue screen of death in Windows, you can post it in the Troubleshooting thread. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

This one gave me the idea how to do it myself.

While most of the discussions here are for Windows PCs, there's a thread discussing macOS and Linux too. If you have any problems with yoour build or something goes haywire with your computers whether its kernel panic in a Mac or blue screen of death in Windows, you can post it in the Troubleshooting thread. 

Great thanks, that's quite useful.