Black Desert performance

Qyoon

Hello , i have some question considering black desert global performance.

I am running :

I7 6800K @4Ghz

16Gb ram 2666Mhz

GTX980Ti @1400/1850

Raid 0 4*250Go Samsung 850EVO.

On a PG248Q , 144Hz Gsync FHD

internet is good too :

2622a6c8ba4585a74e469a9d266d4a68.png

Basicly a good gaming machine... problem is ... my FPS aren't great on black desert...

And by not great i really mean , not great at all in some places.

I can have FPS drops down to 5 fps or 40 fps but stuttering in Calpheon.

Most of the time it's ok but some day it's really disappointing.

Any idea about how to solve those issue ?

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

This is the nature of MMOs. They are very CPU intensive and unfortunately they all use old ass directx 9, which doesn't have multithreading. Whenever there are a lot of players on the screen, performance drops.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

This is the nature of MMOs. They are very CPU intensive and unfortunately they all use old ass directx 9, which doesn't have multithreading. Whenever there are a lot of players on the screen, performance drops.

Not sure about all of them, but it's not true. FFXIV supports DX11 for instance and is pretty good when it comes to core/thread performance separation on both DX9 and 11. 

And that about lots of players, I wonder what other games have FPS drops when you load whole maps with gazillion objects. Oh right, all of them. It's just that in MMOs you can have hundreds, if not thousands of players at one location (multiple players on each map tile or however they designed the map) spamming attacks so every single CPU in existence would have much, much more work to do and have frame drops. Some more and some less. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

17 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Not sure about all of them, but it's not true. FFXIV supports DX11 for instance and is pretty good when it comes to core/thread performance separation on both DX9 and 11. 

And that about lots of players, I wonder what other games have FPS drops when you load whole maps with gazillion objects. Oh right, all of them. It's just that in MMOs you can have hundreds, if not thousands of players at one location (multiple players on each map tile or however they designed the map) spamming attacks so every single CPU in existence would have much, much more work to do and have frame drops. Some more and some less. 

I'm just trying to figure out where exactly we disagree.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

7 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I'm just trying to figure out where exactly we disagree.

All MMOs run on DX9 and don't support multithreading. :P and the part that sounds (apologies if I'm wrong) like that FPS drops due to many players/objects is exclusive to MMOs. Sure player xount is higher that any other type of games, but you get my point.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Problem isn't due to people that's why i am asking.

For exemple : 

Here , i got 14 FPS and there is nobody.

482456fe42c8bc1b49834324221a2d91.jpg

I turn the camera a bit : 

7880ba03da0ae99c5fe7cb720a9cf60b.jpg

Boom 50 fps...

Wich means walking here my fps look like this and can drop to 5 sometimes.

And sometimes even a few min later at the exact same place it will be all good.

8c521b9a82e5baa50513798c20038ce7.png 

Might want to reinstall your drivers or the game. 

My buddy still keeps 60fps in crowded(100+ players) areas with an i7 6700k at 4.6Ghz. 

BDO is DX11. Its better than other games on DX9. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

System is  a fresh install from this week , i received the motherboard like Tuesday.

Having trouble only in bdo no other games.

My laptop:

i7 6700HQ

GTX 1060 

16gb ram

and i can run it very smooth on max graphics.

smooth = how many fps and where ?

edit , nice this morning even worse than usual , goign out of Calpheon to check auction , 40-50 fps , getting near the pnj.

Screen is saying 30 fps but it's terribly laggy , game is saying 3 fps...

https://gyazo.com/2185e3df8ad8ce87cb0c17435a98ded7

Turn the camera a bit , screen is saying 50 , game saying 30.

https://gyazo.com/386e6c635a6f9410a08548b633909c92

Weird xD