Should I use this for painting my case

Scitesh

First time modder

Should I use this spray paint on an antec X1  caseScreenshot_2016-12-16-14-42-54.png

Also  the other option is acrylic enamel add engine enamel are pretty  expensive

Screenshot_2016-12-16-14-46-54.png

Screenshot_2016-12-16-14-48-36.png

I dont see why not. dont forget clear coat finish. You might not need primer if your case is already coated.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

9 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I dont see why not. dont forget clear coat finish. You might not need primer if your case is already coated.

Can I use the primer that is left over after house remodelling or  do I need to buy something more specific?

13 hours ago, Scitesh said:

First time modder

Should I use this spray paint on an antec X1  case

Also  the other option is acrylic enamel add engine enamel are pretty  expensive

You will require a primer and proper surface prep for painting but you don't specifically need engine enamel, regular acrylic or enamel spray paints will work. Some of the best spray paints would be automotive or artist's type pains which have better color selection and vibrancy. 

18 hours ago, W-L said:

You will require a primer and proper surface prep for painting but you don't specifically need engine enamel, regular acrylic or enamel spray paints will work. Some of the best spray paints would be automotive or artist's type pains which have better color selection and vibrancy. 

What is surface Prep : Cleaning and sanding it down ?

1 hour ago, Scitesh said:

full on sanding isnt necessary, scuff it up good with a new green kitchen scrubby will do fine, then wipe it down good preferably with like alcohal wipes as they will remove oils from your hands and such. engine enamel will have a much different finish than other paints so if the color you like is in an engine paint make sure you test first to ensure you like the dried finish, im not sure about primer for engine paint as it typically used on raw cast iron   

3 hours ago, Scitesh said:

You don't need to vigorously sand it down but roughing up the surface for good pain adhesion. If your interested I have a guide here that goes over a lot of that in the General Painting portion: