Outlook Item Duplicate Remover - Any one know one thats free?

Hi guys,

Has anyone had any luck with any free duplicate remover tools for Outlook email items? All the ones I try either don't work or you have to pay for...

The version of Outlook does not matter as I can install to suit the application.

Cheers

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

You mean you want to remove duplicate emails as opposed to duplicate outlook.exe -applications? I was able to remove email files using the duplicate remover in CCleaner. Albeit it wasn't Outlook but Windows Live Mail and I can't remember the extension I used. According to this you should target .pst -files. 

6 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

You mean you want to remove duplicate emails as opposed to duplicate outlook.exe -applications? I was able to remove email files using the duplicate remover in CCleaner. Albeit it wasn't Outlook but Windows Live Mail and I can't remember the extension I used. According to this you should target .pst -files. 

Yes sorry, should of specified. I have edited my post to say email items :)

As in you used CCleaner to remove just the PST's or actual email items within Outlook?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

3 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Yes sorry, should of specified. I have edited my post to say email items :)

As in you used CCleaner to remove just the PST's or actual email items within Outlook?

Yeah. I removed the files themselves and that removed the emails. It was a system that the customer had recovered from a backup image and somehow it had ended up with duplicate emails, it was Windows Live Mail, not Outlook. I simply shut down the email application and ran CCleaner targetting the email filestypes, i kind of remember it was .eml, but I'm not sure. After scanning the system I rebooted and opened the application again and the duplicates were all gone. I happened to have the luxury of having the backup image already made so there was little worry about losing crucial emails altogether. If I were you, I'd back up too before running the CCleaner.

29 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Yeah. I removed the files themselves and that removed the emails. It was a system that the customer had recovered from a backup image and somehow it had ended up with duplicate emails, it was Windows Live Mail, not Outlook. I simply shut down the email application and ran CCleaner targetting the email filestypes, i kind of remember it was .eml, but I'm not sure. After scanning the system I rebooted and opened the application again and the duplicates were all gone. I happened to have the luxury of having the backup image already made so there was little worry about losing crucial emails altogether. If I were you, I'd back up too before running the CCleaner.

Yeah, well I have the same scenario. Importing a .PST with old emails into a new mailbox. But due to the nature of how it works it crashes sometimes and leaves it halfway, meaning when I next import it just creates duplicates... 

Even when doing a move and not copy..