Chromecast alternative?

I want to mirror my Windows PC screen (and optional iPad air 2) to a Samsung Smart TV

It has HDMI ports, USB and Ethernet as well as WiFi

Will Chromecast work with iOS? I do have a Samsung S5 neo but I want my laptop/desktop and ipad and iphone to mirror screen. They all connected on the same network with the TV

As cheap as possible but also good and doesn't suck

Plex only stream files. HDMI cable works but it's a cable and my PC located too far for cables.

Basically I want my TV to work as a monitor to my devices

Miracast doesn't available too

There are some apps (other than Plex) but don't think they work so I think I need a device

I am out. Feel free to comment down your suggestions. I will be back later so can't respond to you guys now.

Canada please.

is there not a chromecast app on the app store by google? i remember seeing it when i was exploring the app store for my first and last time a while back. it may not have mirroring from the ios device or pc but you can use the play-on-device feature from many video-playing websites from chrome, plex, etc... for mirroring the ios device im pretty sure you need an apple tv

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

47 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I want to mirror my Windows PC screen (and optional iPad air 2) to a Samsung Smart TV

Usually you would use Miracast.

It has HDMI ports, USB and Ethernet as well as WiFi

Will Chromecast work with iOS? I do have a Samsung S5 neo but I want my laptop/desktop and ipad and iphone to mirror screen. They all connected on the same network

It should....

with the TV

As cheap as possible but also good and doesn't suck

Plex only stream files. HDMI cable works but it's a cable and my PC located too far for cables.

Basically I want my TV to work as a monitor to my devices

You could buy a Miracast dongle and hook that up to your TV. From there, using Windows 8.1/10 you can project stuff to your TV wirelessly.

Miracast doesn't available too

K. That made things difficult quickly.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

10 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

so no mirror for ios?

you'd need an Apple TV for it to work.........

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

you'd need an Apple TV for it to work.........

yeah I get it. Money doesn't grow on a tree :(

23 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

nope, then apple wouldn't sell as many apple TVs

so chromecast. wonder if there is something similar for cheaper?

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Roku, but it only works with miracast rip

hmm. is it me or something odd that I saw only 10 miracast suport samsng tv on some site

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

yup. Either support directly on the TV (in which case you don't need the chromecast) or on the dongle, which converts it to an HDMI signal before it actually enters the TV anyways

so in anyway I need a 45$ chromecast. thanks.

I did mirror my old ipad 2 screen before but it was through an apple adapter and it was through an hdmi cable. and hdmi are big and heavy and does not have screws like DVI ports. though some games actually implemented  maps and mirros (asphalt) to work with the TV which was really cool