Case and PSU cables.

RoboTechnal

I just recently built my PC and I attached all of the cables. Will this be fine if I left my cables like this? Especially for the 3rd picture.  I'm mostly worried about how the PSU cables have extra connectors on them and how they might be able to damage something (ex: motherboard).

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

They're fine... Ugly, but fine 

What about in the 3rd picture? Behind the motherboard, would it damage it?

4 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

I just recently built my PC and I attached all of the cables. Will this be fine if I left my cables like this? Especially for the 3rd picture.  I'm mostly worried about how the PSU cables have extra connectors on them and how they might be able to damage something (ex: motherboard).

What is the cable for exactly, is it plugging into the fan header on the motherboard?

Just now, Himommies said:

Can't you jam some of them behind the mobo tray

That's what I had to do, I also had to kind of force the back plate of the case on. What about the pins on the mobo?

Just now, RoboTechnal said:

That's what I had to do, I also had to kind of force the back plate of the case on. What about the pins on the mobo?

If you can do that shove them close to the PSU. what case do you have

My life

If you can do that shove them close to the PSU. what case do you have

NZXT S340.. I also have the seasonic S12II 520W PSU if that helps.

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

What is the cable for exactly, is it plugging into the fan header on the motherboard?

Yah. It has like 4 other connection points on the cable. 

You know If you really want it to look good I would unplug every single cable and replug them on the clost plug for the cables and use cable ties

My life

ooo you are fine, my sata connectors are jammed behind my mobo tray and it looks dead, but its working fine. the molex adapter is on the verge of death but its fine

IMG_6420.JPG

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

You know If you really want it to look good I would unplug every single cable and replug them on the clost plug for the cables and use cable ties

It's a non modular PSU, but... I can try. I looked for the closest spot I can connect it from. 

1 minute ago, RoboTechnal said:

It's a non modular PSU, but... I can try. I looked for the closest spot I can connect it from. 

If you do it well the S340 can look really well Image result for nzxt s340 build

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

If you do it well the S340 can look really well Image result for nzxt s340 build

I bet. Also you have a nice motherboard to work with. And it's all color coordinated.

19 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

Yah. It has like 4 other connection points on the cable. 

What motherboard is this, are you feeding power back into the fan header now? If so your lucky that it's not shorting out, disconnect that immediately if it's a fan header. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

What motherboard is this, are you feeding power back into the fan header now? If so your lucky that it's not shorting out, disconnect that immediately if it's a fan header. 

Gigabyte GA-H110M-A and i connected it to the sys_fan header. I never plugged my PC into a monitor yet.

Just now, RoboTechnal said:

Gigabyte GA-H110M-A and i connected it to the sys_fan header. I never plugged my PC into a monitor yet.

Good cause you will want to unplug that or yo're going to be feeding power back into the fan header, which will potentially kill that header. Those are fan output connections, not for a floppy connector from the PSU as you have currently connected. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Good cause you will want to unplug that or yo're going to be feeding power back into the fan header, which will potentially kill that header. Those are fan output connections, not for a floppy connector from the PSU as you have currently connected. 

Well, I don't know what to do then, I have those cables from the case that seem to fit into a connector with 2 pins on one side, then I connected that to one of the connectors on the cable, and now the one on the right is what it looks like.

IMG_1649.JPG

24 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

Well, I don't know what to do then, I have those cables from the case that seem to fit into a connector with 2 pins on one side, then I connected that to one of the connectors on the cable, and now the one on the right is what it looks like.

The one on the right is for sure a floppy connector and you don't want to plug that one in the one in less you have a device that requires power via a floppy connector. The left is the EPS connector and require to power the CPU which was connected correctly in the initial photos. 

8 hours ago, W-L said:

The one on the right is for sure a floppy connector and you don't want to plug that one in the one in less you have a device that requires power via a floppy connector. The left is the EPS connector and require to power the CPU which was connected correctly in the initial photos. 

Ok, and do I plug that into the hdd? Can't be. So if that's a floppy connector, then what is this? The cables running from the top of the case that was already in the case are now attached to this cable from the PSU. Not sure if it's correct or not.

IMG_1665.PNG

9 hours ago, W-L said:

If I left that one cable with the extra connectors on it in the bottom of the case doing nothing, my PC would work fine? How do the fans spin? What about the cables that came with the case (that all connect up to the top where the power button is)? I'm sorry I'm new to this, but I just want to make sure everything goes right and doesn't break.

7 hours ago, RoboTechnal said:

Ok, and do I plug that into the hdd? Can't be. So if that's a floppy connector, then what is this? The cables running from the top of the case that was already in the case are now attached to this cable from the PSU. Not sure if it's correct or not.

Those are all molex connectors as for the main large circle in the center that depends on what is in the case could be fr LED's or direct molex powered fans. For the motherboard you never put power into any other connectors than the EPS, and 24 pins with some having aux power connectors. The fans connections provide power out no a power in, I would really suggest to read the entire manual on the motherboard and case it would explain many of the connections and cables.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Those are all molex connectors as for the main large circle in the center that depends on what is in the case could be fr LED's or direct molex powered fans. For the motherboard you never put power into any other connectors than the EPS, and 24 pins with some having aux power connectors. The fans connections provide power out no a power in, I would really suggest to read the entire manual on the motherboard and case it would explain many of the connections and cables.

I looked through the manual, but I didn't find much on this:

Molex cable is up on the top of the photo. I've found 2 fan connectors for my fans and I see how they will connect to the motherboard, but there's of course another problem. I only have one sys_fan on my motherboard and it as 4 pins. I know I can use the my case fan cables with 3 pin connection with the 4 pin. But how do I work with just 1 sys_fan? I've took out the long cable with the multiple molex connectors. 

image.jpg

33 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

I looked through the manual, but I didn't find much on this:

Molex cable is up on the top of the photo. I've found 2 fan connectors for my fans and I see how they will connect to the motherboard, but there's of course another problem. I only have one sys_fan on my motherboard and it as 4 pins. I know I can use the my case fan cables with 3 pin connection with the 4 pin. But how do I work with just 1 sys_fan? I've took out the long cable with the multiple molex connectors. 

If you only have one fan header on the motherboard you can get a splitter to hook up both fans to one header. Also what case is it, it looks like you have a built in fan controller from all the fan cables there if you want to manually change the fan speeds and such. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

If you only have one fan header on the motherboard you can get a splitter to hook up both fans to one header. Also what case is it, it looks like you have a built in fan controller from all the fan cables there if you want to manually change the fan speeds and such. 

NZXT S340 and are you talking about those 4 cables in the middle of the photo? Those 4 cables were 2 but I could disconnect them and one of the sides was a 3 pin connector for one fan.