What am I doing wrong?

HeaterUp

So for some reason when im trying to put my motherboard in after lining it up with the io shield and placing it on the standoffs my case has a screw in the middle standoff and i cant get it to show through the motherboard (the holes are off very slightly

1481435838925-188015333.jpg

1481436060519-47119165.jpg

14814360973431749535955.jpg

That looks like a corsair 750D or one of the obsidian series cases at least.  I have no clue of your past PC building experience but the IO on the motherboard have to pop into the IO shield slightly for it to seat properly.  

If it were an OEM case or something i would probably blame the case but corsair makes good stuff.

1 minute ago, Numbafieve said:

That looks like a corsair 750D or one of the obsidian series cases at least.  I have no clue of your past PC building experience but the IO on the motherboard have to pop into the IO shield slightly for it to seat properly.  

If it were an OEM case or something i would probably blame the case but corsair makes good stuff.

It is the 750D and i mean im the io shield is in fully and im pushing the motherboard into the ioshield quite a bit already 

12 minutes ago, HeaterUp said:

It is the 750D and i mean im the io shield is in fully and im pushing the motherboard into the ioshield quite a bit already 

i doubt you happen to have another motherboard lying around to test with.  Try taking out the IO shield and seeing if it will fit then otherwise you might be looking at an RMA on the case

Make sure one corner of the IO shield isn't popped out a little, that could be holding it out some. Then just get someone to hold the case as you somewhat push the motherboard over to align with the standoffs. Be smart about it though not using too much pressure and hold the edge of the board hold onto something that could get bent or broken off like holding it and pushing it by the 24 pin connection. You gotta do the same thing in the Fractal cases when you have a IO shield with foam padding on the back.