laggy game play with gtx 760

VideoRusher
Go to solution Solved by VideoRusher,
27 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

It runs as an exe, you should just double click it. It might not work if you have a newer driver installed.

Use this program to uninstall all drivers from your system and try again.

i reinstall the latest driver and its 300 lock

same temp all same

i installed a gtx 760 which my brother used previously. yesterday all works fine but today i cant even play CSGO with it. fps drops up to 7-20 sometimes its freezed. plz help me.

NO OVERCLOCK!!

core i7 6700k

asus rog maximus hero

kingston hyperX 2x8gigs rams 2666mhz

seasonic g650

Did you install the driver? Is the GTX 760 set as primary (PCIE Graphics) in BIOS? My old GTX 760 got to 200 fps pairing with an i5 4460 on CS GO maxed out

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Did you install the driver? Is the GTX 760 set as primary (PCIE Graphics) in BIOS? My old GTX 760 got to 200 fps pairing with an i5 4460 on CS GO maxed out

with my onboard graphics its like avg80 at lowering all in 1080p its completely playble but after i install this card its going worse. and now its freez my pc

5 hours ago, VideoRusher said:

with my onboard graphics its like avg80 at lowering all in 1080p its completely playble but after i install this card its going worse. and now its freez my pc

did you install the driver?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

did you install the driver?

ya yesterday its work fine but now it wont. this is the second time this shit happen. in first time i got some booting issues. but after removing it, all problem solevd. its slovly reduse the fps count and boom. freez the system. gpu load going 99% - vram 514 - temp 64C - and prefCap showing some blue lines. in GPU Z

Sounds like it might be throttling, 760s run HOT, very hot.

Are you using the latest drivers? If yes can you see if you can get an older driver to use. My experience is that you don't really need to update drivers for the 760 really as it often makes no difference.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Sounds like it might be throttling, 760s run HOT, very hot.

Are you using the latest drivers? If yes can you see if you can get an older driver to use. My experience is that you don't really need to update drivers for the 760 really as it often makes no difference.

yp im using latest driver. but what is the best driver that i can get for this card?

There isn't really a best driver, but I would try going here and using a driver from a couple months ago and seeing if it makes a difference.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

4 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

There isn't really a best driver, but I would try going here and using a driver from a couple months ago and seeing if it makes a difference.

but i used latest drivers with my 750ti and it fixed some issues with some games. oh 760 seems like crap.

The 750ti is Maxwell architecture, the 760 is Kepler. Kepler runs very hot and the symptoms you described makes it sound like the card is throttling.

Some more information is needed:

-What card is it specifically?

-What case are you using?

-What is your case airflow like?

-Is there a way to monitor temps and check for throttling?

I would suggest using MSI afterburner to monitor card temps and check the readouts once you notice the frame drop. Look at temps, look at the clock speed a drop in either one of those would mean that you need more airflow around your card.

1 minute ago, DragonTamer1 said:

The 750ti is Maxwell architecture, the 760 is Kepler. Kepler runs very hot and the symptoms you described makes it sound like the card is throttling.

Some more information is needed:

-What card is it specifically?

-What case are you using?

-What is your case airflow like?

-Is there a way to monitor temps and check for throttling?

I would suggest using MSI afterburner to monitor card temps and check the readouts once you notice the frame drop. Look at temps, look at the clock speed a drop in either one of those would mean that you need more airflow around your card.

it doesn't show any throttle. throttle means downclock right? its not going further or back 

its inno3d herculiz 760 4gigs model

case fan config - 2 low rpm in front an 1 high rpm out from back and now my side panel is also open

im using CM silensio 452

temps 60C - 80C when gaming . idle 41C

40 minutes ago, VideoRusher said:

ya yesterday its work fine but now it wont. this is the second time this shit happen. in first time i got some booting issues. but after removing it, all problem solevd. its slovly reduse the fps count and boom. freez the system. gpu load going 99% - vram 514 - temp 64C - and prefCap showing some blue lines. in GPU Z

I'm an idiot and should actually not read peoples posts while listening to podcasts.

I'm not sure what is causing this but this is does sound like thermal issues. Since you are indicating that thermals are not the problem then I don't know what can cause it.

Do you run with Vsync? I wouldn't recommend letting a GPU run wild for extended periods of time in any situation.

I'm still interested in case airflow and the like I would like to rule those out for certain, I'm also now interested in if the GPU is cutting its clock speed at all.

The last thing I could suggest is uninstalling all the drivers with DDU and reinstalling them starting with an older version. If that works fine then stick with that driver. If the issue persists then there must be something else wrong.

2 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I'm an idiot and should actually not read peoples posts while listening to podcasts.

I'm not sure what is causing this but this is does sound like thermal issues. Since you are indicating that thermals are not the problem then I don't know what can cause it.

Do you run with Vsync? I wouldn't recommend letting a GPU run wild for extended periods of time in any situation.

I'm still interested in case airflow and the like I would like to rule those out for certain, I'm also now interested in if the GPU is cutting its clock speed at all.

no vsync. solid GPU core clock. i never got any thermal issues with this fan setup even with my 750ti in OC 65C - 80C stable and never crashed. thats why im not pointed on it.

is this one going too hot?

yesterday i played with the same temp and no crashes.

3 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

The last thing I could suggest is uninstalling all the drivers with DDU and reinstalling them starting with an older version. If that works fine then stick with that driver. If the issue persists then there must be something else wrong.

my brother told me he got the same damn issue and after the update the drivers its worked fine.

1 minute ago, VideoRusher said:

no vsync. solid GPU core clock. i never got any thermal issues with this fan setup even with my 750ti in OC 65C - 80C stable and never crashed. thats why im not pointed on it.

is this one going too hot?

yesterday i played with the same temp and no crashes.

On my 760 I had the thermal limit set to 85*C at all times and had a bottom case fan blowing fresh air right onto it to help cool it so it never went above 75. Unless the company that made the card has set the thermal limit that low for some reason then it shouldn't be throttling.

1 minute ago, VideoRusher said:

my brother told me he got the same damn issue and after the update the drivers its worked fine.

Then start with the driver that he was using if possible.

7 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

how can i roll back ?? its shows that i don't have compatible hardware.

You can get older drivers from Nvidia directly. I don't think they go back further than 6 months or so. I don't know when your brother stopped using this so I don't know for sure. There are other sites that you can get legacy drivers from but I don't frequent them and I'm not comfortable recommending them to anyone (maybe someone else would be but not me).

12 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

now i am able to manage the temp at 64C maxed but still no luck

1 minute ago, DragonTamer1 said:

You can get older drivers from Nvidia directly. I don't think they go back further than 6 months or so. I don't know when your brother stopped using this so I don't know for sure. There are other sites that you can get legacy drivers from but I don't frequent them and I'm not comfortable recommending them to anyone (maybe someone else would be but not me).

i downloaded it but still i cant install

It runs as an exe, you should just double click it. It might not work if you have a newer driver installed.

Use this program to uninstall all drivers from your system and try again.

if the above solution doesnt work , consider making a new small partition , put an os on it , install only the latest drivers (also for the mobo and chipset etc.. ) 

and give it a shot , this solution will eliminate the possibility of having any software issues .