Windows compadability mode

A.T
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Windows has a built-in database of programs and games it knows it needs to run under compatibility mode (or at the request by the developer by defining this in manifest file (a file embedded in a .exe during compilation time of the software/game)), so that the program runs properly.

You can define compatibility options in the program settings. Right-click on the program shortcut directly (not from the start menu if you are under Windows 10, but if you do "More > Open file location", it will jump to the location of the program shortcut, and you can right-click on that and select properties). On that panel, go under the compatibility tab, and there you can change options, including turning it off.

You can also disable "Program Compatibility Assistant" service. Simply search in the start menu for: Services, and click on "Services". On the panel that will open look for: Program Compatibility Assistant, double click on it, and select Stop button, and from the drop down list above, pick "Disabled". And click on OK.

i just wonder how i turn Windows compadability mode off

i have turned it off in properties but still says its on

idk where i should post this so i posted it here

edit btw its on origin and i cant play bf1 online with it on

Windows has a built-in database of programs and games it knows it needs to run under compatibility mode (or at the request by the developer by defining this in manifest file (a file embedded in a .exe during compilation time of the software/game)), so that the program runs properly.

You can define compatibility options in the program settings. Right-click on the program shortcut directly (not from the start menu if you are under Windows 10, but if you do "More > Open file location", it will jump to the location of the program shortcut, and you can right-click on that and select properties). On that panel, go under the compatibility tab, and there you can change options, including turning it off.

You can also disable "Program Compatibility Assistant" service. Simply search in the start menu for: Services, and click on "Services". On the panel that will open look for: Program Compatibility Assistant, double click on it, and select Stop button, and from the drop down list above, pick "Disabled". And click on OK.