Laptop Hard drive

Altinn

Hello LMG community, 

I have an old netbook here that is dead, can I take its HDD and plug it into my PC and recover the data on it. or use it at all inside the pc I am using?

Just asking because I have some old stuff on there that I wouldnt want to lose.

Thanks anyway.

Yes and yes.

You can just plug it into your new computer and grab the information off of it and if you want to use it in your new computer, then you will just have to format the drive.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

yes just plug it in like a regular hard drive

you may need an adapter from ide to sata if it's super old an you don't have ide on your mobo

Ok thank you for the answer sounds good than would it be viable to keep that drive in my pc i know thevspeed wont be as good but it is a 500 gb hdd it would be nice to add that to my storage

31 minutes ago, Altinn said:

Ok thank you for the answer sounds good than would it be viable to keep that drive in my pc i know thevspeed wont be as good but it is a 500 gb hdd it would be nice to add that to my storage

If you need the storage, then go for it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

You can use it, but I would only recover the data and keep the drive somewhere else, these hard drives are usually ridiculously slow.