Multi GPU disabled?

Gombel
Go to solution Solved by Pige0n,

This is what it should look like.

https://gyazo.com/a8a69ce807ed6b2e0ec40400adf2f86b

If the crossfire toggle isn't appearing, try using DDU then reinstall the latest driver. If that doesn't work reseat the graphics cards. I had a similar issue with mine.

Check in your Crimson software if you have it enabled or not.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Check in your Crimson software if you have it enabled or not.

Where do i see it? Thanks for responding!

2 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Where do i see it? Thanks for responding!

I think it'll be under Gaming > Global Settings > global graphics (name of gpu) and it should have all the boxes, one of them should be for amd crossfire.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I think it'll be under Gaming > Global Settings > global graphics (name of gpu) and it should have all the boxes, one of them should be for amd crossfire.

Should it look like this? (I know you dont understand the tekst but is the layout correct)? Or is it not there?

https://gyazo.com/0f691497f8c00ec6584a093302863b16

Should it look like this? (I know you dont understand the tekst but is the layout correct)? Or is it not there?

https://gyazo.com/0f691497f8c00ec6584a093302863b16

Yeah thats how Radeon/Crimson is supposed to look, the options can vary depending on the card. What options are under the CrossFire-tilstand when you click it?

Just now, RKRiley said:

Yeah thats how Radeon/Crimson is supposed to look. What options are under the CrossFire-tilstand when you click it?

Under the crossfire setting there is

Deactivate

Standard

AFR-friendly

Compatible with AF

Use AMD predefined profile 

That is all the optiens

4 minutes ago, Pige0n said:

This is what it should look like.

https://gyazo.com/a8a69ce807ed6b2e0ec40400adf2f86b

If the crossfire toggle isn't appearing, try using DDU then reinstall the latest driver. If that doesn't work reseat the graphics cards. I had a similar issue with mine.

Resaet mens i have to take out my cards and put them in agian?

This is taken from the AMD website. I'd say use AFR friendly or compatible, though im not sure which would be better.

1. Disabled: The application runs in single GPU mode.
  2. Default mode: If the application has a driver profile it will be used. If a driver profile does not exist, the application will run in single GPU mode.
  3. AFR friendly: The application will run in multi GPU mode with resource tracking disabled using alternate frame rendering. Each GPU will take turns rendering frames. AFR friendly makes assumptions that the application was built to be multi GPU aware and could cause image corruption if it was not built that way.
  4. AFR compatible: The application will run in multi GPU mode with resource tracking enabled using alternate frame rendering.
  5. Use AMD pre-defined profile: This mode allows the use of an existing driver profile and applies it to the current application.

Resaet mens i have to take out my cards and put them in agian?

That's correct. If there is the option to choose which mode for each game it should be working though. When you go to Gaming->Global Settings is the Crossfire toggle there, like in my screenshot?

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

This is taken from the AMD website. I'd say use AFR friendly or compatible, though im not sure which would be better.

1. Disabled: The application runs in single GPU mode.
  2. Default mode: If the application has a driver profile it will be used. If a driver profile does not exist, the application will run in single GPU mode.
  3. AFR friendly: The application will run in multi GPU mode with resource tracking disabled using alternate frame rendering. Each GPU will take turns rendering frames. AFR friendly makes assumptions that the application was built to be multi GPU aware and could cause image corruption if it was not built that way.
  4. AFR compatible: The application will run in multi GPU mode with resource tracking enabled using alternate frame rendering.
  5. Use AMD pre-defined profile: This mode allows the use of an existing driver profile and applies it to the current application.

Shouldn't i just take the standerd mode? ( In crossfire settings )

1 minute ago, Gombel said:

https://gyazo.com/ab0026d2fc656d2732b7a8c70027a2ae

Is this the option? It means AMD-CROSSFIRE state

Do you see in my screenshot how its just a switch with on and off? That one there looks like its for a specific game. Make sure the global settings one is set to on, then for each game you can choose different modes. For most big games there is an actual profile for it.

3 minutes ago, Pige0n said:

That's correct. If there is the option to choose which mode for each game it should be working though. When you go to Gaming->Global Settings is the Crossfire toggle there, like in my screenshot?

I cant find the "Global settings..) :3

2 minutes ago, Pige0n said:

Do you see in my screenshot how its just a switch with on and off? That one there looks like its for a specific game. Make sure the global settings one is set to on, then for each game you can choose different modes. For most big games there is an actual profile for it.

I found it! look!! https://gyazo.com/049308c1ed186da8ae23a90cb12a093a 

TIL = ON

4 minutes ago, Pige0n said:

I can seleckt for each game here :D https://gyazo.com/41418ff89e89c6a85138e21189899a45

Right?

Just now, Pige0n said:

Looks good.

Thanks alot! i really appreciated your help! Thanks!

Just now, Gombel said:

Thanks for the help! :)

No worries. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Pige0n said:

No worries. Enjoy!

Do you know why i cant see the degress on my sencend card? ( I know it says crossfire disabled) but speccy is bugged. any fix?

Any other programs i can see it on? 

Do you know why i cant see the degress on my sencend card? ( I know it says crossfire disabled) but speccy is bugged. any fix?

Any other programs i can see it on? 

I use HWMonitor. If you need more in depth info, MSI afterburner will show you everything. 

2 minutes ago, Pige0n said:

I use HWMonitor. If you need more in depth info, MSI afterburner will show you everything. 

When i disable crossfire it shows both?