My Programs tax CPU usage like crazy

I'm new to this forum but not new to computers. So i'm not sure if this is where it belongs. 

I have been using an old AMD 8350 on an ASUS Sabertooth board and it definitely not cutting it any more. I don't play many games any more but I transcode a lot of videos and use a lot of Autodesk programs all that eat CPU usage like crazy. I have been back and forth on this countless times do i wait for AMD Zen to come out or do i go with a dual CPU Xeon build. Here is what i was thinking for a Xeon build and would like your options to decide to build it or not. 

Asus Z10PE-D16 WS Workstation Motherboard

2X Intel Xeon E5-2683 V3 SR1XH 2.0GHz 14Core 35M 9.6GT/s LGA2011-3 Processor (3.0 turbo plan is to run at turbo all time with the coolers i am going with) 

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 128GB (8 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) (Dont need ECC ram for my stuff)

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Series PH-ES614L_BK ATX Full Tower Computer Case, Black

2X Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 Water / Liquid CPU Cooler (i know overkill)

Corsair Certified HXi Series HX1000i 1000W High Performance 80Plus Platinum Full Modular Power Supply

I'll be running my old R9 270X 4G until the new Vega AMD video card comes out then ill decide on a 1080 or the RX490 (rumored number)

Do you guys think i should go with this build since I've been able to find all this stuff and keep it around $2400? Or wait till next year and hope that AMD comes through. 

You understand that encoding a video is meant to use all your cores up to 100% right?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 minutes ago, TravisW said:

-snip-

Hmm, as long as you don't game, the Xeons would be great. I have a Xeon E5-2695V3 in my home NAS and it's great for rendering / high CPU load. However, it's terrible at gaming because it's literally 1-2 cores at 2.2GHz for games...it chokes bad for that. Also, if you're on ebay seeing high core Xeons for cheap, they're more than likely ES chips. They're still good, but just know they aren't retail Xeon chips.

I would be very careful with the RAM, make sure you run it at normal DDR4 speeds otherwise the Xeons will not boot. They don't play well with higher speed RAM. Your ram choice is good though.

I think you are good for this build. I honestly...wouldn't put too much hope on Zen since this build would eat their CPUs alive more than likely. I mean my NAS' CPU beats out my cousin's overclocked 5820K (4.4GHz) for rendering.

Other cool thing is that Xeons don't use much power at all. My Xeon runs at 0.89 vcore at full load. That's just nuts.

PSU is kind of overkill, even if you got a 1080.

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

You understand that encoding a video is meant to use all your cores up to 100% right?

Yes i do. Im looking to upgrade just asking which way i should go

13 minutes ago, TravisW said:

Yes i do. Im looking to upgrade just asking which way i should go

see @scottyseng post. Personally, I would wait anyway seeing as both intel and AMD have new products out very soon.

4 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Hmm, as long as you don't game, the Xeons would be great. I have a Xeon E5-2695V3 in my home NAS and it's great for rendering / high CPU load. However, it's terrible at gaming because it's literally 1-2 cores at 2.2GHz for games...it chokes bad for that. Also, if you're on ebay seeing high core Xeons for cheap, they're more than likely ES chips. They're still good, but just know they aren't retail Xeon chips.

I would be very careful with the RAM, make sure you run it at normal DDR4 speeds otherwise the Xeons will not boot. They don't play well with higher speed RAM. Your ram choice is good though.

I think you are good for this build. I honestly...wouldn't put too much hope on Zen since this build would eat their CPUs alive more than likely. I mean my NAS' CPU beats out my cousin's overclocked 5820K (4.4GHz) for rendering.

Other cool thing is that Xeons don't use much power at all. My Xeon runs at 0.89 vcore at full load. That's just nuts.

PSU is kind of overkill, even if you got a 1080.

ya ebay Xeon but as long as they run i don't care. The Picture of them doesn't have an ES on them but who knows. Ya I've played one game in the last year. lol. Gotten old need to work more than play games. Plus i'll be keeping the AMD i have going just encase i do want to game. 

Not planning on over clocking the ram but from what I've read this board runs perfectly with Non-ECC ram as long as it is at the correct speed. 2133 works with the cpu specs so i should be ok just cant see the need for ECC not running a NAS off this i have a separate NAS. 

Well deciding on a power supply was some back and forth. I want to make sure I'm able to run 3 SSD's and up to 5 4tb Hard drives plus 3 Blu-ray burners. and possibly 2 video cards so i figure spend the money once and i wont have to worry about buying another one. 

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

see @scottyseng post. Personally, I would wait anyway seeing as both intel and AMD have new products out very soon.

just would like to keep it under $2500 so new may not be the way to go. 

6 minutes ago, TravisW said:

-snip-

Yeah, I got a ES Xeon in the NAS and it's been running great so I don't mind. It was $500 (which was a steal at the time). Yeah, I mostly do work and some light gaming, so I've got one server with a high speed low core CPU and the other where I do work with the stronger CPU with more cores.

Yeah, just be sure to stick with 2133MHz. I know faster speed RAM is available for a few bucks more usually, but they don't play well with the Xeons. You don't need ECC to me.

hmm, yeah, even in my NAS, a 980 Ti, the Xeon, 15 4TB drives, I was only able to get to 500W load...I think if you are okay with it, the PSU is great.

I plan on making a dual Xeon build myself in the future for even heaver workloads after I get a 6700K for gaming / browsing.

Your Xeons should be super cold...even under full load, I have my Xeon with a 92mm air cooler and it never breaks 60C...probably because the Xeon barely uses any power at all.

I'm an over kill kind of person. Always like to have more than enough than not enough. So I'm hoping with those coolers i'll stay right around 50c at full load.  

11 hours ago, TravisW said:

just would like to keep it under $2500 so new may not be the way to go. 

prices of older generations tends to lower when a new one is released.

After much back and forth and now constant crashes on my existing AMD FX 8350 tower due to cpu maxing out and not being able to handle it. The Wife has let me order all my parts for a dual cpu build. Final parts list is this.
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Series case
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS
(2) Intel Xeon E5-2683 V3 SR1XH 2.0GHz 14Core 35M
(2) Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2
(2) CORSAIR 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 2133
Corsair Certified HXi Series HX1000i
Mushkin Reactor 1TB 6Gb SATA III
reusing Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB
and my old R9 270X 4gig untill the new AMD Vega card comes out then i will decide on a video card

I will do a build log with testing numbers comparing video recording times for old and new.

Yes i know these cpu's wont be great for gaming but i do little to no gaming so i am not that worried about it. I mostly use my tower for recording 1080p video, Autocad and Revit and programming along with running Linux VM's.