battlefield 4 crashing

totjup5

So for some reason my pc crashes after about an hour of playing bf4 campaign. The screen goes black and the pc turns off. I have monitored the temps and they are fine, and I even tried running my cpu at stock speeds and it still crashed. It happens consistently at about the 1 hour mark. I am running the latest nvidia drivers.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Is it happening after an hour of gameplay or is it a a certain point? Either way try reinstalling drivers. If reinstalling drivers doesn't solve it then rollback to a previous version of the drivers and see if that helps.

Have you checked the BL forums to see if anyone else is having this issue, it may not be drivers but a glitch in the game. It seems unlikely though.

Edit: I just noticed you are running 2 660s. Try disabling SLi first.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Is it happening after an hour of gameplay or is it a a certain point? Either way try reinstalling drivers. If reinstalling drivers doesn't solve it then rollback to a previous version of the drivers and see if that helps.

Have you checked the BL forums to see if anyone else is having this issue, it may not be drivers but a glitch in the game. It seems unlikely though.

Edit: I just noticed you are running 2 660s. Try disabling SLi first.

It is happening after about an hour but not at a specific point in the game. What's weird is that it doesn't happen while playing multiplayer. I will try disabling SLI, but if that is the issue I will be disappointed cause I don't want to have to turn down settings :(

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It is happening after about an hour but not at a specific point in the game. What's weird is that it doesn't happen while playing multiplayer. I will try disabling SLI, but if that is the issue I will be disappointed cause I don't want to have to turn down settings :(

You should see if anyone on the BL forums is having the same problem if disabling SLi doesn't work. I would do it myself but I have gone over my bandwidth cap and battlelog won't load with 256Kbps.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

You should see if anyone on the BL forums is having the same problem if disabling SLi doesn't work. I would do it myself but I have gone over my bandwidth cap and battlelog won't load with 256Kbps.

Will do :) thanks for the help :)

Will do :) thanks for the help :)

I hope you get it sorted.

Spoiler