Keyboard issue

PeggersXtreme

Hi,

I did post this in the keyboard section but it might be better here I bought a new corsair K70 Lux RGB and when I press caps lock it turns on but when I want to turn caps off I press the same caps lock key but it won't turn off caps.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Kind Regards 

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

2 minutes ago, PeggersXtreme said:

Hi,

I press caps lock it turns off

Did you want to say "on"? ^^

Try pressing it gently, then harder, to see if something changes

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Did you want to say "on"? ^^

Try pressing it gently, then harder, to see if something changes

yes on my bad the keyboard is making me type weird because I have to use shift to keep it all lower case cause caps is stuck on I tried to press it hard and gently but it won't turn off I don't know if it's a keyboard issue or not but I plugged in a spare K55 that I have and it works fine on that keyboard it's really strange 

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

3 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Mhh.. i'm really not into keyboards so I can't tell what's wrong. Are you still under warranty? 

Should be I only picked it up today 

Custom PC:

29 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Return it as soon as possible then ^^

yeah will do

Custom PC:

17 hours ago, PeggersXtreme said:

yeah will do

If you're using Windows XP there is an option in control panel's keyboard settings where Caps Lock turns it on but Shift then turns it off, but 1) If you're using Windows XP then get out of here and 2) You're pressing shift anyway to get round the issue so as I'm typing this I might as well shut up

If you open the on screen keyboard in windows, can you see if it registers as caps lock being pressed when you press it? Can you turn caps lock on and off from the on screen keyboard, and if so, can you turn it on using the on screen keyboard and then your one press of the physical keyboard turns it off?

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)