Drivers

Gombel

Hey guys, i would like to ask a question. I would like to run the game "steep" in crossfire (2x R9 290X) But do i have to download a new driver to have crossfire in the game? (the game is brand new)

Thanks! Have a nice day!   - Gombel 

@Gombel, no you don't need to download a new driver if you have the latest one. If you don't, then I recommend you to do so as GPU manufacturers roll out drivers so that you'll have a great gaming experience on newer games as well as older titles. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

1 minute ago, Freezanator said:

@Gombel, no you don't need to download a new driver if you have the latest one. If you don't, then I recommend you to do so as GPU manufacturers roll out drivers so that you'll have a great gaming experience on newer games as well as older titles. :) 

I dont have the newest driver, its about a month or 2 old. and the game is like 20 days old maks. So do i need to get a new one or?

Can you tell me some more about   GPU manufacturers ?

Thanks!

Just now, Gombel said:

I dont have the newest driver, its about a month or 2 old. and the game is like 20 days old maks. So do i need to get a new one or?

Can you tell me some more about   GPU manufacturers ?

Thanks!

You can update your GPU drivers HERE.
GPU manufacturers (currently the 2 biggest ones are NVIDIA and AMD). They both create GPUs (Graphics Processing Units) which render graphics. When they release a new GPU, they have to put in some sort of cooler. Most of the time, these 2 companies create "blower-style" coolers (graphics cards with 1 fan which sucks in air and blows out the back) which are called "reference coolers". Then, there are many other companies like ZOTAC, EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, etc. which take the GPU and put it in their own cooler. These coolers are called "aftermarket coolers" and can have from 1 up to 3 fans on them! They also can be overclocked out of the factory for an extra price. In general, you'd be better of purchasing an aftermarket cooler design as they yield better cooling as well as lower noise. Reference coolers are preferred in small builds such as in mini-ITX cases. You can learn more about GPUs HERE. :)

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Okay! Well, i have 2 coolers on both cards it is (VTX 3D R9 290X) <--- Name of the GPU

But the thing i dont know about is, do i have to download a new driver for the game? My driver is about 2 month old, and the game is about 20 days old. (I want to run crossfire in the game)

Thanks alot!! :)

16 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Okay! Well, i have 2 coolers on both cards it is (VTX 3D R9 290X) <--- Name of the GPU

But the thing i dont know about is, do i have to download a new driver for the game? My driver is about 2 month old, and the game is about 20 days old. (I want to run crossfire in the game)

Thanks alot!! :)

You shouldnt need to download a new driver to play the gane, but it wouldnt hurt to update them if they aren't allready updated to the most recent version.

1 minute ago, Wrb said:

You shouldnt need to download a new driver to play the gane, but it wouldnt hurt to update them if they aren't allready updated to the most recent version.

Thanks alot! :)