GPU Problem???

Nate Tsirlemes

I just built my gaming pc a week ago with my msi geforce gtx 1060 gaming x 3gb gpu. I did a little overclocking but not to much becasue it never ran that well when I overclocked it. But I go to play BF1 and sometimes I can play two hours with no problems but other times it just crashes and says something about my gpu. I think it does the same thing with World of Tanks where I play a game and then it crashes although it comes up with no error. Whats wrong?

over clocked the cpu?.... do a quick cmos reset and play those games for a while. I would also go to Windows updates if you haven't already.

tell us how it goes.

What is the error message?

What is your PSU?

What is your Motherboard?

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

over clocked the cpu?.... do a quick cmos reset and play those games for a while. I would also go to Windows updates if you haven't already.

tell us how it goes.

How would I do a CMOS reset and what does that do?

Just now, LabRat said:

do the cmos reset. I also forgot to tell you to reinstall the drivers.

posts crossed............... look in the booklet that came with your motherboard. the instructions ( pictures/text ) will show/tell you where it is.

1 minute ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

Maybe idk

Do you experience any kind of wierd dots on screen like I do? (Check images in my thread)

3 minutes ago, Fluttex said:

What is the error message?

What is your PSU?

What is your Motherboard?

idk the exact error message just something failed with gpu. i have 600 watt bronze evga with the msi h110 gaming mb

Just now, TriTexas said:

Do you experience any kind of wierd dots on screen like I do? (Check images in my thread)

I do not

7 minutes ago, LabRat said:

do the cmos reset. I also forgot to tell you to reinstall the drivers.

all the drivers or just the gpu drivers

3 minutes ago, LabRat said:

for the gpu.

I just pressed f6 to load optimized defaults in the bios. Is that good enough?

you can try F6 but I'd still do a cmos reset............ and don't forget to reinstall the gpu drivers.

moved to troubleshooting

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 hours ago, LabRat said:

mark solved........

Why?

I would give it a go with your F6 keypress and see if you still experience the issue. If you do, perform the CMOS reset as people before me have said. Usually this just involves disconnecting the power, taking out the small watch battery from the motherboard, waiting 20-40 seconds and then putting the battery and power back in. 

Don't be alarmed if your computer takes a while to start the next time, basically what you've done is reset the motherboards settings to factory default, so it needs to go through and check all the components and take note of whats what and where everything is. However if you do notice it just sits on a black screen for like 5 minutes, perform the process again but wait a little longer than 20-40 seconds. 

And re-install the GPU drives, use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to uninstall the existing driver to make sure no remnants are left behind

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches) 

Also need to selcet high performance mode in the bios if you set to default or clear cmos. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

he said the cmos reset worked in PM with some other questions. no new problems at present.

15 hours ago, LabRat said:

he said the cmos reset worked in PM with some other questions. no new problems at present.

Ah lovely, fair enough

CPU: AMD 7800X3D  | GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2080 Advanced | RAM: 32GB 6000MHz CL30 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F

PSU: Corsair RX750 | OS: Windows 11 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Brown Switches)