Will there be a bottleneck?

I am designing a budget build for my friend.

Will the i3 6100 paired with a GTX 1060 SC 3GB card bottleneck?

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Yeah, but it shouldn't be too bad. But I recommend a i5 6400 just because you have those extra cores

Ok thanks :)

Yeah, the ideal cpu for the 1060 would be an i5. What's the budget and use for the build. Maybe I can help a bit

Just now, SCGazelle said:

Yeah, the ideal cpu for the 1060 would be an i5. What's the budget and use for the build. Maybe I can help a bit

He hasn't given me an exact price. I am just trying to keep the price as low as possible while still giving him a good 1080p experience (thats why I chose the 1060)

1 minute ago, GlynDavies said:

He hasn't given me an exact price. I am just trying to keep the price as low as possible while still giving him a good 1080p experience (thats why I chose the 1060)

You can get a good 1080p experience with an rx470. So I would look at some different GPUs too. RX470, RX480 and the GTX 1060 will all give good 1080p perfomance. The rx470 will have the least bottleneck for the i3

3 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

You can get a good 1080p experience with an rx470. So I would look at some different GPUs too. RX470, RX480 and the GTX 1060 will all give good 1080p perfomance. The rx470 will have the least bottleneck for the i3

OK thanks. Appreciate it