Am I Missing Something?

Carl DaBeast

For a long time I have been throwing together potential builds that I could build but always find a component that would make it run better or for cheaper. I have finally made a list of items that work together, is cheap(ish), and is somewhat powerful.

These are the components.

Is there anything that is lacking in performance compared to any other similar products? For example X component runs Y times faster and is cheaper/not much more expensive.

I live in Sweden so the build that costs $535 on PCPartPicker costs $685 (6235 SEK) so I don't want to spend too much more.

There were two goals for the build.

1. Be powerfull enough to play games in 1080p medium to high settings

2. Be very upgradable for future purchases, hence why I chose DDR4 memory and LGA 1151 CPU.

I also chose parts that were mostly MSI and Red/Black so that it looks good/cool.

Looks ok!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Cheaper case so you can fit in an i3 6100

I would try to stretch your budget a little further and purchase a cheaper SSD, you will notice massive improvements.

46 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Cheaper case so you can fit in an i3 6100

That might be what I upgrade to in the future as the CPU costs twice as much in Sweden (650 SEK to 1300 SEK) and there aren't many other cases that I like at all. I was looking at the NZXT S340 (not elite) but decided on the elite as it has better front side IO and is more or less an updated S340.

25 minutes ago, Alpine said:

I would try to stretch your budget a little further and purchase a cheaper SSD, you will notice massive improvements.

Any recommended SSD? This was something that I had planned to have before but removed it as it costs a lot more than a HDD for far less storage, I will probably get one in the future.

53 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

Looks ok!

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Carl DaBeast said:

That might be what I upgrade to in the future as the CPU costs twice as much in Sweden (650 SEK to 1300 SEK) and there aren't many other cases that I like at all. I was looking at the NZXT S340 (not elite) but decided on the elite as it has better front side IO and is more or less an updated S340.

Any recommended SSD? This was something that I had planned to have before but removed it as it costs a lot more than a HDD for far less storage, I will probably get one in the future.

Thank you!

welcome!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

31 minutes ago, Carl DaBeast said:

If you do not need massive amounts of storage I'd recommend getting the ssd now and the hdd later so you can install the operating system on the ssd. The cheapest I'd go would be a San Disk Plus, 240GB is around 70€ in Germany so it cannot be that expensive in Sweden. The performance boost you will get with an SSD over hdd is immense.

If you upgrade in the future just save up for more ram and an i5. Don't bother going i3. imho

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset