Startup Repair never going to end?

SeagullChips

Hi, so let me appologise in advanced for grammar and spelling, since I am on my phone for reasons I am about to tell you.

So I was dusting out my PC with an air duster, just where ever was dusty, and yes I was being careful, I think.

So I finished dusting, put the side panel back on, and as I was turning on my pc, when I logged on it was saying "Welcome" for a few minutes (usually for a few seconds) and when it logged on it was laggy, slow and refused to shut down properly, so I had to use the power button :(

When I turned it on again, it was Stuck on "Starting Windows" I turned it off again...

Next time I selected repair, or something, (There was no safe mode option...)

And is now stuck "Attempting repairs...

Repairing disk errors..."

I'm just wondering some things

1) is it safe to turn it off right now? ( will I lose anything on my HDD?)

2) How do I fix it? Without lossing any data?

Just for now "1)" is a priority, I can't leave my pc on overnight...

Thanks in advance...

First PC Build (Current System) | CPU: AMD FX6300 | GPU: ASUS 7850 D CUii | Mobo: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 | PSU: XFX PRO 850W | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | HDD: WD Green | Case: Xigmatek Asgard V1 (soon to be 750D =D)

P.s

No, I do not have a back up of my HDD, because I am a fool and an idiot...:(

And it isn't a virus, I'm very carefull in that area...

First PC Build (Current System) | CPU: AMD FX6300 | GPU: ASUS 7850 D CUii | Mobo: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 | PSU: XFX PRO 850W | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | HDD: WD Green | Case: Xigmatek Asgard V1 (soon to be 750D =D)

I don't think you will loose any data, but your windows will need to be reinstalled.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I don't think you will loose any data, but your windows will need to be reinstalled.

Ok thanks.

Umm any idea what might have caused this?

Maybe you jostled something you shouldn't have. Or you could've hit you HDD and it randomly corrupted some data. (no real way to know)

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

Maybe you jostled something you shouldn't have. Or you could've hit you HDD and it randomly corrupted some data. (no real way to know)

Ok thx, I apreciate the help.