New gpu recommendation for brother's pc

atrash

I need to fix my old pc which I gave to my little brother just over 2 years ago. I need to replace the gpu as I suspect it is dead (running on iGPU atm) but I'm actually out of the loop with what's available in the market now.

These are the specs for the pc;

i5 2500K + NH-D14, 16gb ram, Asus Z68-V Pro, GTX 560ti something (dead), 1080p monitor. corsair 500R case

This pc is purely for gaming but nothing too demanding plus he's only 15 y/o. nothing too expensive or overkill if possible. I have no real budget tho. Do advise accordingly. Thanks LTT

1050ti or rx460/470

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

The 1050Ti will do fine.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

If you can slightly overclock that cpu then 1060 or 480 could do

9 minutes ago, atrash said:

I need to fix my old pc which I gave to my little brother just over 2 years ago. I need to replace the gpu as I suspect it is dead (running on iGPU atm) but I'm actually out of the loop with what's available in the market now.

These are the specs for the pc;

i5 2500K + NH-D14, 16gb ram, Asus Z68-V Pro, GTX 560ti something (dead), 1080p monitor. corsair 500R case

This pc is purely for gaming but nothing too demanding plus he's only 15 y/o. nothing too expensive or overkill if possible. I have no real budget tho. Do advise accordingly. Thanks LTT

1050ti,RX 470 or 480 or possibly a 1060 if you do some mild ocing.Also Im 13 I have saved up for 3yrs and I have a 3000 dollar CAD watercooled setup so

My life

42 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

If you can slightly overclock that cpu then 1060 or 480 could do

Well this cpu has actually reached 5.1GHz oc with only 1.3v during its lifetime. Maybe I'll have a dip at ocing it again if I have the time.

Consensus seems to suggest 1050ti or the 460. I shall have a look at those gpus tomorrow. Thanks

The 1050ti and 460 are a little weak, even for a 2500k. Id say 470 or 1060 3gb

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

39 minutes ago, atrash said:

Well this cpu has actually reached 5.1GHz oc with only 1.3v during its lifetime. Maybe I'll have a dip at ocing it again if I have the time.

Consensus seems to suggest 1050ti or the 460. I shall have a look at those gpus tomorrow. Thanks

470, 1050 ti performs better than a 460 and the 470 does better than both

51 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

470, 1050 ti performs better than a 460 and the 470 does better than both

I honestly don't really care that much what performs better as long as it wont burn my wallet lol. I'm not going to use that pc myself ever. But good to know which is better so I can compare the price to performance ratio